Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which Seatpost For Rigid Bike?
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new seatpost for my Swift.
    The bike runs rigid so I’m looking for something that will soak up some of the trail buzz on longer rides. It needs to be 27.2mm and 400mm long.

I’ve thought about the USE XCR suspension posts but I’m not sure if they’re just a bit of a fad and a bit expensive!

vorlich
    Free Member

They are comfortable, I run one on my rigid Scandal, but if you’re a fatarse, look elsewhere.

Link

gears_suck
    Free Member

Sound like you need a commuter and stick to tow paths.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Run a Thompson on my nail trail with no ill effects. Try it, you might like it!

benji
    Free Member

I’m running a Thompson on my Pace, it’s a proper length, as the longer lengths are getting uncommon in 27.2, the other option is the BBB longscraper which is 450mm if you need any longer.

mlbasiliere
    Free Member

I found the old (~2003) Giant carbon posts to be especially comfy- ran one on my Scandal for ages. I’ve seen the head design on other brands too- but who knows it they’ve stiffened it up. Here’s one for 99p:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giant-carbon-seatpost-27-2MM-road-race-bike-/141079056314 There’s also a new one up on eBay for £50 or offer. It came on my Giant VT1, so must have been OK’d for mountain use.

It gets harder to find comfortable posts in larger diameters. Syntace do one (P6 Hiflex), which is great, and I’ve seen a Ritchey as well. Expensive, though.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Eriksen, custom ti?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which Seatpost For Rigid Bike?’ is closed to new replies.