Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Which saddle? – sore ass!
  • quade
    Free Member

Hi

I have a GHOST AMR Lector 8700
    The saddle it comes with is http://www.competitivecyclist.com/product-components/2013-selle-italia-sl-kit-carbonio-saddle–9648.35.1.html

However, its soooo uncomfortable on longer rides (i’m 83 KG’s)
    I really want something in this category:
    Comfortable
    Reasonably light
    Reasonably priced (£60 max!)

Can anyone recommend some to look at?
    Thanks

kristoff
    Free Member

I’m a larger rider and find my charge spoon pretty good in the comfort stakes.

As a bonus the cro-mo railed one is only about £20 too!

jota180
    Free Member

Just start buying the cheapest in a certain range till you find one that works for you

No one can advise on what will suit you
    Try a Charge Spoon or a basic SDG bel-air etc.

sputnik
    Free Member

Charge Spoon seems to be well loved on here.
    I tried a Selle Italia Flite once and hated it.
    Use Spesh Phenom now and happy . Not über comfy but doesn’t get any worse as the miles increase.

scaredypants

Cheap – if you’re not choosy about colorway (just for flashy! 😛 )
    Bel Airs are very popular, I believe with the “larger” rider (me, certainly). Not sure ho thye compare to your old one though.
    In the end it’s trial & error

Tom83

Spoon and some padded endura boxers here. Can now ride for hours and not get a sore arse.

quade
    Free Member

Not that easy, i now live in africa, so have to wait for people to bring stuff over

scaredypants

oh, yeh – what Tom83 said: If you’re not already wearing shorts with a decent pad, get some

quade
    Free Member

Thanks guys
    I have the endura outters and inners (with the click lock thingy)
    still have a really sore arse!

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I struggled to find a saddle I liked for years but finally settled on a Fizik Aliante which I now have on all my bikes.

You might get one on EBay for £60

FuzzyWuzzy

You want to check with your LBS’s if any have demo saddles, you really can’t go by what others find comfy. If you do have to buy to try though then starting with a Charge Spoon is sensible given they’re cheap and a majority of people seem to get on with them.

leffeboy

FuzzyWuzzy just beat me to it, this is where LBS’s really rock. I was saddle hunting at the weekend and my LBS had a bunch of demo saddles that you could try for a week or two to see what works. Great idea really as I love my flite which others hate and the guy in the shop said he had an Aliante to demo but no-one got on with it, although from here others clearly love it.

quade
    Free Member

Thanks guys
    We don’t have any LBS’s out here, there is one that sells basic stuff, but nothing like in the UK
    I think i’ll try the bel air, seems to have good reviews too

cheers!

joeegg
    Free Member

I’ve always stuck to SDG or WTB for my seats (excepty for the really lightweight thin stuff).
    Tried a Charge Spoon and was surprised how good it was for 15 quid.
    Used it for a full weeks road riding in the French Alps with no problems but my bibs did have good quality pads .

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

+1 for trying before you buy if possible. I’ve literally spent hundreds on saddles other folk said were comfortable with/without cut out, based on seat bone width etc etc, certainly Fizik have the full range for trial at some stores as do Bontrager

Solo
    Free Member

I recently bought a Selle Italia SLR flow.

Is liking it, muchly.

🙂

charliedontsurf

Oddly my favourite saddle (excluding brooks) is a fizik vitesse, it’s a ladies XC saddle, just like bloke saddle just a little wider and has a pink box (mods: it comes in a pink box, honestly, not being smutty) . I realised about half way to Scotland, from Dorset, that it hadn’t given me any bother, so stock piled a lifetime supply of three saddles.

I must have a ladies bum or child bearing hips or something.

Anyway… Point is… You can’t look at a brochure and choose one that will suit you, you have to try a few to find one that suits your arse.

fudge9202
    Free Member

i found the syncros am saddle so good on epic rides that i just bought a second one very comfortable cheap on ebay to buy and try flog it on if you don’t like it

chestrockwell

I got a Gobi after all the reviews said they were ace and hated it. I was sore as hell after every ride.

Have had a few Bel Air’s and think they’re pretty good if not a bit bulky.

Am using a Charge Spoon at the moment and love it, best saddle I’ve ever had and never makes me sore. Even better, it cost less then 1/5 of what the Gobi did!

spacemonkey

Charge Spoon seems to be well loved on here.
    I tried a Selle Italia Flite once and hated it.

Odd. I had a Selle Italia Flite and it was awesome for about 7-8 years. Have a Charge Spoon and it’s alright – good, not great.

nigelb001
    Free Member

I don’t think saddles can be bought by recommendations our asses are all different. I’ve tried many saddles over the last few years until I found a couple that I was comfortable with. Kore Enduro for my light full sus bike, and Charge Pan leather for my hardtail. Happy botty now!

toys19
    Free Member

I do not want to sound uncaring, but I think you can gain a lot by hardening up your arse.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

If I haven`t ridden for a while any saddle can take a while to adjust to.

Set up is very importnat too.Fizik Gobi in particular need the right amount of tilt so that it works best.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Which saddle? – sore ass!’ is closed to new replies.