Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which RS Forks?
  • fathomer

So come the summer I’m hoping to build up my first full susser. It is likely to be the new Cotic/Blur TRa/ASR5/Bandit or something similar as it’ll be my do it all bike, though I won’t be selling my Soul.

In preparation, I’ve more or less decided on the spec bar the forks. I’d ideally run all the above with 140mm and would like Rockshox, as the Reba Team’s on my Soul are great. But, they don’t do a 140mm fork and the 2013 Rev’s can’t be travel reduced without fitting a new air assembly.

So I’m not sure whether to pick up a set of 2012 RLT’s now (or RCT3’s if I can find some for decent money) in preparation as they’ll be a dam sight cheaper than a set of 2013’s and paying someone for supplying and fitting the kit need to drop them.

So is the RCT3’s damping worth the £150 extra over the RLT’s, are the 2013 generally better and worth the extra or should I be looking elsewhere?

Oh and sorry for the long winded post!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

they don’t do a 140mm fork

Where did you find this out? The Rockshox site suggests you can and I’ve seen 2013 bikes with 140mm Revs fitted (e.g. the Grapil). I’m spec’ing out a Bandit build myself and was going for 140mm Revs, so I’m very interested.

fathomer

I’ll happily be proved wrong but I’ve only seen 150mm Revs, which is what I’d like, available aftermarket?

LoCo
    Free Member

The 2013 Revs (solo air) need a new air spring assembly to lower travel, RRP is £70 ish, but will supply for less, RCT3 are the ones to go for if you can find a deal on them 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which RS Forks?’ is closed to new replies.