Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which roof mounted bike rack?
  • quintet100
    Free Member

Hi

Father Christmas made two new bikes for my boys meaning I now need a 4 bike carrier for the roof of my outlander.
    I already have a tow bar mounted carrier that takes 3 and I was going to put the 4th in the boot but really need the space.
    Thule seem really expensive but good quality, which one?
    I have 1 29er and 3 26er bikes.
    I was hoping for some in the sales.
    Thanks

MoreCashThanDash

We have 3 Thule 591s, much more secure than you’d think, often come up second hand on here or ebay. We will need a fourth soon, though will switch to tow bar racks when we change the car as MrsMC is only 4’10”.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Fast young git is happy with the one he bought from Halfords last year. The one I bought from them long ago still works, if infrequently. FWIW I’ve always added straps for peace of mind. If you put a twist or two in them they don’t hum.

sam_underhill

I’ve got some old thule 591s.they’ve been great and you can get parts to keep them going when you break stuff.
    I like the look of the new ones that hold by the wheels only, so no rub from the clamp.

stevew
    Free Member

Mont Blanc barracudas here. Tough and easy to instal and keep the bike upright even before all of the straps etc are put in place so easy to get the bike on and off. Works equally well for MTBs and road bikes.

simon_g

Thule 591 here. If you catch Halfords at the right time they can be pretty cheap for them.

Sundayjumper

Thule. Always Thule.

T1000
    Free Member

If you don’t have roof bars yet have a look at the Thule sliding bars especially as outlanders are tall

leffeboy

how nice are those sliding bars! I have to get 4 bikes on the roof and it’s a pain normally. Might have to look in to those

quintet100
    Free Member

I will take a look at those sliding ones, probably will need steps for my outlander.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which roof mounted bike rack?’ is closed to new replies.