• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • which Rockshox Lyrik
  • roughneck
    Free Member

air or coil, 2 step or u turn

0pt1cal
    Free Member

I love my Coil DH..Tftuned worked their magic on it and I've well impressed with the performance.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Depends what you want. I'm sure the specs explain the merits of each one with regard to the type of riding you do e.g. weight, lock out, platform etc,

mikey74
    Free Member

I'd go with the coil, the others appear to be too unreliable. I love my coil and have had no major issues: Some oil leaked out of the mission control but it wasn't a problem.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

2-steps were notoriously unreliable. Might be fixed now. Not used the solo airs, but my U-turn coils have been pretty damn fine for the last couple of years. Need fairly regular fettling though. (lower leg splash lube change).

neil853
    Free Member

depends on your type of riding riding, i had the 2 step airs and the 2 step failed, sent them back and had the coil internals fitted as the 2 step internals were not in stock.

The difference is significant in a number of ways. The suspension action is greatly improved on the coils, but when climbing or moving around on the bike they wallow around a lot, I've had to play with the motion control damping to stop this and its more or less worked. Then there's the weight which is quite a bit more. depends what you want. 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

That'll be due to the recent merlin email then 😉 ?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Coil U-turn with some Flookes tweaking. Mine are buttery smooth.

Tracey

Ive got the 09 2 step air and they work great for me

Tracey

roughneck
    Free Member

Foxy®ider your spot on. need some long travel forks that adjust. for a hemlock, 506, or covert.

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL- rough neck – pitty I havent got aanother bike to put them on of I'd prob have got some 😉

hora
    Free Member

Coil U-turn with some hora tweaking. Mine are buttery smooth.

mine are mental 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘which Rockshox Lyrik’ is closed to new replies.