Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which Road Disc Brakes and Wheels?
  • monksie
    Free Member

I’m looking for some ‘cross wheels and disc brakes. Any recommendations. Levers are 105 STi and the frame is a Focus Mares disc specific cyclocross.
    Thanks

cynic-al
    Free Member

avid + any decent rim and hub…be more specific.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’m in the slow process of converting my Kaffenback to discs.

Got a pair of Avid BB5s from CRC a couple of months ago for £13 each 🙂 Using Tiagra STIs.

Just trying to work out the best way to get the wheels sorted. THESE are looking about the cheapest. It’s only my commuter, but I’m doing a bit of bike camping this summer, plus my current rims are getting pretty worn, so might as well go for disc wheel replacements.

Or could go for some Deore hubs with Mavic A114 rims or similar. About £140 built by LBS.

mrmo
    Free Member

unless you need something now, might be worth waiting till the autumn and seeing what appears at the trade shows. With the UCI talking about relaxing the rules, and plenty of rumours about new disc brakes next year.

stanley

Just built some Hope Pro 2 Evos into Mavic Open Pros for mine. Decided that being able to run tyres at higher pressures was more important than not having machined rim brake surfaces!
    Avid bb7 road brakes with old Tiagra shifters.

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks for the information, much apprecaited.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which Road Disc Brakes and Wheels?’ is closed to new replies.