Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which Riser Bars???
  • mboy
    Free Member

Right, have a problem… I’ve got used to using 28″ wide (710mm) bars now, having ridden with them on one bike for a couple of months now. Which means I now want to upgrade 2 other bikes to 28″ wide…

The bars I’ve been running are Raceface Diabolus, in 1/2″ rise. They’re fantastic, perfect shape and rise for me, really nicely finished and very strong. And on the bike I’ve got them on, a Cotic BFe, I’m not fussed about the weight at all (which is good as they’re a rather hefty 380g!)…

Now I would like to buy some more 28″ bars, problem is I want similar shape and rise to the Diabolus bars, but I’d like them to be a LOT lighter… Preferably down around the 250g mark (roughly what my 27″ wide EA70’s weigh). As I’m not a heffer, and they will be going on an XC bike, they won’t need the all out strength of the Diabolus anyway.

So what do you recommend? Shape and rise are very important to me too, I like Eastons and Raceface for shape, have tried many others too and not liked all that many.

mboy
    Free Member

Nobody got any advice on some wide, light, low rise bars then?

chakaping
    Free Member

Sunline V1 is a very nice bar IMO.

I have the 745 but it’s also available in 710mm.

awh
    Free Member

How about the carbon Ragley Wiser? 720mm and claimed weight of less than 200g.

MRanger156
    Free Member

+1 for Sunline V1.

dreednya

+2 for Sunine V1 745s

nuke

RF Atlas AM bar…725mm/28.5″ wide and 270g

http://raceface.com/components/handlebars/atlas/atlas-am/

mboy
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Liking the look of the Sunline V1’s, and the new Raceface’s… The Ragley Wiser, hmmm… Not sure I like the look to be honest, that and I really want as low a bar as I can get and a 1″ rise is pushing it slightly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which Riser Bars???’ is closed to new replies.