Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • which rims for xc ?
  • chambo82
    Free Member

Hey peeps just want peoples opinions on which wheel is suitable for xc riding , I'm 14and half stone and ride Santa Cruz superlite , and bin looking @ mavic 819 on hope pro2 hubs
    Any help much appreciated
    Mark

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Yup. Tubeless all the way with reliable hubs. Just don't get alloy nipples.

tazzymtb

Stans- 355's for you weight would work a treat and give you a superlight wheel build (good for tyres up to 2.3) Hope do some nice wheel packages and freeborn do custom builds at a good price.

righty
    Free Member

I'm a similar weight and the first wheelset I built were with stans olympics, they have been plenty strong enough, I prefer alloy nipples as they look much nicer imo and once a wheel is built you don't generally have to touch it again.

djflexure

I'm the same weight and just got the 355 hoops. Wondered whether they'd be strong enough. Initial impressions are great. They seem perfect for XC.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep Stan's all the way!

If you're getting complete wheels and want Hope hubs get the Hope Hoops with 355s, if you're building yourself then get the new rims, the Olympic is now called the Alpine, and has a similar profile to the 355, or the Crest is the new 355, both slightly lighter than their predecessors.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘which rims for xc ?’ is closed to new replies.