Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Which regional UK accent do you dislike the most??
  • elzorillo
    Free Member

??

doris5000

anyone who says ‘Brummie’ is wrong.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

North West Wales accent is the worst on the planet, it’s pretty much just gargling phlegm.

ads678

So soon, I’m sure we had this a couple of weeks ago?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Scouse seems to make my scabs bleed for some reason.
    Mockney is pretty bloody annoying though.

soobalias
    Free Member

yammers

nickhit3
    Free Member

Adrian Chiles’s

wwaswas

I’m more worried by what people say rather than the accent they use saying it.

ourmaninthenorth

Jafaican, innit bruv.

surfer
    Free Member

Faux Scouse

bikebouy
    Free Member

“Yours”

jekkyl

anyone who goes up the end? like that?

*you’re doing it your head aren’t you!

binners

Adrian Chiles’s

is the right answer

hh45
    Free Member

Scouse followed by Cockney. Both make me think I am going to be robbed. Geordie is third because I’m fed up with the faux matey homeliness that Geordies always seem so keen to promote. The rest are all pretty good I think. I especially like a west country accent as I’m from that neck of the woods.

Bizarrely, living in London I hardly hear a cockney accent cos they’ve all moved out to the ‘burbs. In fact, you hear more in Spain that you do in inner London. I do accept that what a person says is of prime importance, not their accent.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jafaican, innit bruv.

Fuh reelz fam yahgetmethoblud?

voodoo_chile

Wirral faux scouse accent is bad

Junkyard
    Free Member

haughty

hodgynd
    Free Member

West Country accent for no other reason that he ( hh45 ) dissed Geordies as being fake friendly ..numpty! 😆
    ( see ..we are not that friendly )

I actually said that on the other thread too..

allthegear
    Free Member

I do find the London accent grates a bit.

To make up for it, the Glaswegian accent makes me feel all funny inside.

Rachel

jimjam
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAcwJZVNbcQ[/video]

spawnofyorkshire

I dislike the ‘no accent’ posh thing.
    We have such a diverse set of accents in the UK that it should be celebrated, not avoided.

anagallis_arvensis

Adrian Chiles’s
    is the right answer

From Hagley isnt he?
    Seems about right

Mackem

Geordie.

zippykona

Would those Irish people up there ^^^^^ find the queen difficult to understand?

hodgynd
    Free Member

A Mackem lifting his head above the parapet ..thought you had all gone into hiding ..does your Maa & Daa know you have come out to play ? 😆

Mackem

A Mackem lifting his head above the parapet ..thought you had all gone into hiding ..does your Maa & Daa know you have come out to play ?

sorry, i just can’t understand you.

Doug
    Free Member

English, all of them, equally.

ton

cockney. makes me very angry and annoyed, no idea why.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

We have such a diverse set of accents in the UK that it should be celebrated

RP is just one of the many diverse accents we have in the UK. Celebrate it! 🙂

hodgynd
    Free Member

Mackem .. 😆
    Unfortunately I wish I could say the same ..but I have a daughter now 26 who was born & still lives in Sunland…so I had to learn the lingo.
    Thankfully I wasn’t tainted with your twang while living there ..

Murray

Not regional but proper RP. Even my mum (and the queen) don’t do it anymore.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Mockney makes me see red.

Scouse can be great, except when it’s coming from shrieking drunk birds. Then I want to pull my middle ears out through my eyeballs.

captmorgan
    Free Member

Dick mucking Van Dike and Jamie Oiliver and there bastard mockney accents, hard to hear a real Cockney in London it’s been taken over by the generic Thames Estuary accent, init d’owe spar…

mrdobermann
    Free Member

Interested to know what a real cockney accent is?

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Ouch, as someone who was born within the sound of the Bow Bells it seems a lot of you would hate me..
    That Danny Dyer has a lot to answer for

timc
    Free Member

hh45 – Member
    Scouse followed by Cockney. Both make me think I am going to be robbed.

haha Sh1thouse

andyrm
    Free Member

I dislike the ‘no accent’ posh thing.
    We have such a diverse set of accents in the UK that it should be celebrated, not avoided.

For me, it’s the “fake posh” accent that’s creeping in especially with young women. First noticed it at my old workplace, they became more and more like it over time, and in the 9 years I’ve been in Bristol, it’s become incredibly obvious. Strangely, when I go to our London office, there’s a mishmash of accents from round the country, in the same roles, with none of the “fake” thing. Not figured that one out yet, but maybe there’s a social mirroring effect with Bristol having 2 unis? I’d be gutted if I hadn’t met my Mrs years ago as it’d be a dealbreaker if I met someone now with the fake Made in Chelsea thing going on!!

chewkw
    Free Member

Scouse sounds very rough to me …

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Agree that our diverse accents should be celebrated and enjoyed

Shame when people feel the need to hide their heritage eg Bliar going estuary or that ballet lady on Stictly

But then again I have never had a Brunmie accent despite being born there and bred not far away!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Which regional UK accent do you dislike the most??’ is closed to new replies.