Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which Rechargeable AAA NiMH batteries?
  • danti

Bought some Eneloops last year after being recommended on here.
    They seemed to retain a charge fine during last autumn/winter, recharged them fully on intelligent charger and they’re now losing their charge after a couple of 25 minute commutes!
    Not impressed with a premium brand that sells on ability to retain their charge!

Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

aracer
    Free Member

Vapextech. Have never been convinced by the point of Eneloop type batteries, as the way most people use rechargeables you’ll get more capacity from a standard battery (even if using intermittently).

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Had some Asda ones for years here without issue.

scotroutes

I get my AA and AAAs from 7dayshop – their own branded ones.

stumpy01

Got some duracell rechargeables from Amazon and they are really good. Use them in my two rear lights and charge them once in a while.

cynic-al
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    Vapextech. Have never been convinced by the point of Eneloop type batteries, as the way most people use rechargeables you’ll get more capacity from a standard battery (even if using intermittently).

How so?

lightman
    Free Member

intelligent charger

Exactly how intelligent is the charger?
    If it is any good, then do a recharge/refresh cycle on them and get the capacity.
    90% of my battery’s are Eneloop’s and Ive never had an issue with them yet over several years of use.

As for comparing standard NiMH to LSD batterys, its a no brainer as far as I am concerned.
    Standard lose 1% capacity per day and LSD lose approx 15% per year!

Oh, and I’d avoid 7day shop.
    They overestimate their own brand battery’s by about 40%, so don’t expect to get the capacity they advertise. Its almost like they’re run by the Chinese who must overestimate everything they sell.

aracer
    Free Member

How so?

Because if you work it out, after storage for a few weeks a normal rechargeable has just about the same capacity as an Eneloop. Fair enough if you’re recharging them less frequently than that, but that’s not the sort of use most people make of rechargeable batteries.

scotroutes

Really? I get up to 18 hrs out of a pair of AAs in my Garmin Oregon 600. I’ve not seen anyone getting much better.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Eneloop. Official ones not ebay china types.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which Rechargeable AAA NiMH batteries?’ is closed to new replies.