Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which quick link for 10 speed xt chain?
  • sig123
    Free Member

My kmc ones dont fit so which ones shall i order?

iainc

KMC 10 speed work well for me

sig123
    Free Member

yes thats what i have but just seem a mm to small

geoffj

Regular 9 speed SRAM power link

Slogo
    Free Member

kmc quick links for 10 speed funnily enough fit ten speed chains.

You need to squeeze harder.

sig123
    Free Member

Funnily enough they dont

davewalsh
    Free Member

2 XT chains with 2 KMC quicklinks here, fitted no problem. Are you sure your links are 10 and not 11 speed ?

chored
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with 10 speed quick links I bought from Decathlon recently, pretty sure they are KMC links rebranded as B’Twin. It was the same problem, just a tiny bit too short and I couldn’t fasten it once it was on the chain. I had another 10 speed link lying around and putting them next to each other, you could see the pin was shorter.

Decathlon have since said that the links are for SRAM chains only. I’m pretty sure CRC were selling different KMC links for Shimano/SRAM chains, but it seems to be just one option for both now.

On a related note the last KMC links I bought I couldn’t get to close even off the chain…

tpbiker
    Free Member

cheeky thread revival…is it ok to use a 9 speed quick link with a 10 speed chain?

chambord
    Free Member

I do and haven’t had any problems.

I was just using it until I got some 10 speed ones but now I don’t think I’ll bother.

belugabob
    Free Member

I use Clarks Links on my SLX chain – not sure if these will work on XT, but I don’t see why not.

felltop

I’ve been using YBN links from Merlin with no issues.

wiredog
    Free Member

KMC for me and no probs at all

scotroutes

I had to one day when that’s all that was in my pack. It worked fine at the time and has done since.

markshires
    Free Member

Kmc for me too, although I did manage to break one!

By the way for anyone interested merlin are doing 2 xt chains for £25 or £15 each.

lotus777
    Free Member

i bought a twin pack of KMC 10 speed quick links which they stated were good for XT chains. one of them did fit, the other one was way too tight. you could force it closed but it was so tight that the chain couldn’t pivot. The tolerances for making re-useable 10 speed links is very small and it seems hit and miss if you get one which fits. some people on this thread have been lucky, the others haven’t !
    I think the easiest way to go is use the 9 speed sram quick links. they seem to work without issues.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which quick link for 10 speed xt chain?’ is closed to new replies.