Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which quality wider rimmed 29 wheel-build/set without breaking the bank
  • tymbian
    Free Member

To go on a 2014 spesh Enduro 29. I was thinking of these rims any recommendations on hubs spokes etc..

Yetiman
    Free Member

Halo Vapour 35mm rims are a bit lighter and cheaper so might be worth a look, and I always use Hope hubs and DT Comp spokes for my builds. Nothing too fancy but my wheels have always been tough and reliable so I stick with what works.

pigyn
    Free Member

Halo vapour 35 rims and either build with Hope hubs or just buy one of the Halo wheelsets. Now available with nice stealth graphics.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tymbian
    Free Member

I’m liking the stealth look…

proutster
    Free Member

Just over £70 a rim gets you the Easton ARC 30 – very impressed with mine (650B) so far. Have been to BPW, the Tweed Valley plus all of my normal Peak District riding and apart from a couple of small scratches they look like new.
    They seem to be a good compromise of strength, weight and cost.
    My set is actually the Heists which are a fully built wheel set using Easton straight pull hubs etc. Only difference in the rims is that the Heists are 28 hole and the ARCs are 32 hole.

Northwind

How tough do you want? WTB Frequency i25 is very tough and is £45 from CRC, bargain that… I had a 26er one which was bombproof, and I’ve got a set of the i23s (slightly narrower) as my stunt rims for the 29er

tymbian
    Free Member

Definitely liked the stealth look on the Velocity blunts but was told they don’t make a very strong wheel build. I’ll take a look at the i25s..is that 25mm internal?
    If so I wanted a wider profile..

olibluegoat
    Free Member

I’m looking at the same for my Evil Following. Thinking of going DTXM481 on DT350 hubs. Works out about £500

Tracey

Wtb i29s would be my choice of an alloy rim

Rickos
    Free Member

Check the Traildog at JRA. Great value.

http://www.justridingalong.com/wheels/jra.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which quality wider rimmed 29 wheel-build/set without breaking the bank’ is closed to new replies.