Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which pump & firstaid kit?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I would like advice on which pump & mini first aid kit to buy.
    Mainly needs to light & fuctional, I’m not overly worried about the performance of the pump, as long as it gets there in the end.
    What do you recomend?

Thanks in advance.
    2U2R.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

First aid kit – it don’t really matter – knowledge is what you need.

Absorbent dressing and a bandage? I carry steristrips and the like and use film dressings such as tegaderm

mike_check
    Free Member

I have a basic first aid kit that is just a little box with;

Anti-septic wipes
    Various size plasters and non adhesive dressings
    Roll of bandage
    Micropore Tape and a few safety pins
    Strong painkillers

Takes up very little room in the camelback and should be enough to get us home in any event unless it’s an ambulance job!

BigJohn

Stera strips and gaffer tape (wrap a load around your pump) are a great addition to a 1st aid kit. Can tape up flappy bits of flesh that might otherwise shorten the ride. (I use a basic Tesco 1st aid kit) Dunno about pumps. Mine’s a small blackburn which works OK.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Lezyne Alloy Drive Mini Pump.

Get one here.

Brilliant!

buly79
    Free Member

I have one of those Lezyne pumps too. Awesome

hazeii
    Free Member

+1 for the Lezyne – gorgeous bit of kit, on groups rides any time there’s a puncture people start yelling for the guy with one 🙂

For first aid kits, can’t see the point in carrying generic ones – with little injuries it’s just ride on, for bigger ones there’s nothing in a dinky kit to help (maybe make your own? Bandage, needle and thread if days from civ., gaffer tape and cable ties? Other?).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which pump & firstaid kit?’ is closed to new replies.