• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tron.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Which pressure washer (patio, car, conservatory etc)?
  • spacemonkey

Finally managed to complete on our move this week and have a ridiculous number of jobs go get through including cleaning the patios, whitewash walls, driveway, conservatory roof and cars.

Thought about the Karcher K2 which happens to be around the £65-£150 mark but does get some slagging off for the harder jobs. Hence looking at a Nilfisk C120 which comes with a few toys and seems much tougher.

What do you recommend? Ta

alanf
    Free Member

I got a Nilfisk from Maplin when they had an offer on.
    Had it since January and no problems with it. Seems like a good bit of kit.
    Can’t comment on the Karcher though.

spacemonkey

Was it a C120 like this?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alanf
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s the one with all that kit.
    I’ve only used the standard lance though so can’t comment on the patio thingy and the spiny brush.

finishthat
    Free Member

maybe Karcher k4 from their “outlet” store I think they were half price
    – if you have lots to do getting a unit that is rated for longer continuous use may be a good ides – K2 = light use – K4 – more heavy duty. I have an old – 10 years old Lavor it weighs a ton – and still works – recently got a k2 for ease of moving it around it is very light
    and works – but I would be surprised if it lasted as long as the old Lavor.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive got a K2.

Its plenty powerful enough – any more powerful and you run the risk of damaging stuff too easily.

But for a german company its appallingly badly designed.
    Im inclined to dismantle it and fit the pump to a home made box. The pump is fine, the casing is crap – no sensible cable management, stupid pull out detergent suction hose that is god awful design when it works and anyway mine has stopped working. Hose connections could have been made more practical – you have one hose at the front, one at the rear, cable going in the back, detergent hose coming out of another orifice – it’s just really untidy, impractical design.

However, the lance and the pump itself are great.

spacemonkey

Yeah, I agree the K2 looks powerful enough but the all-round durability etc is what some people are questioning.

Not heard of Lavor.

Karcher outlet store haven’t any stock but now I know that site exists I’ll have a nose around for other stuff.

Decided to order a Nilfisk C120 with all the toys as it was on an Amazon time-limited discount of £69 (down from £209). Looks excellent.

Ta all

juanking

Nilfisk here, I got mine from D&M in Twickenham. The C120 with all the toys is £120

https://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/section/10197/sn/ALTC12066PCAD#.U0PZtPldVjQ

Hohum
    Free Member

Nilfisk FTW

I have had mine now for 5 years and it doesn’t miss a beat. They have metal pumps rather than plastic which is supposed to be a good thing.

The patio washer attachment works really well if you have a patio or slabs. I use mine every year to spring clean my slabs and it brings them up a treat.

£69 is really good value!

spacemonkey

Yep, normal discounted price is £109 so an extra £40 off is bang tidy.

alanf
    Free Member

70 quid is about what I paid for mine rather than the 130 it is now.
    It is a great bit of kit for that price.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

When does the £69 deal expire?

spacemonkey

When does the £69 deal expire?

I just checked and the deal is no longer appearing (on a new browser session too, so nothing cached). Back to £109.

somouk
    Free Member

Nilfisks are excellent and that price was a real bargain but even at full price they’re good.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I just got a k4 with patio cleaner thingy from B&Q for £197 reduced for £299 😯

its good.

andywoods
    Free Member

just ordered karcher k4 from their outlet store £104 but you only get the basic kit -unit,pipes,lance. extra’s available for a cost

spacemonkey

just ordered karcher k4 from their outlet store £104

This afternoon? There were no PWs on their site at all around lunchtime.

shreck
    Free Member

is the k2 too powerful for bike cleaning?

spacemonkey

is the k2 too powerful for bike cleaning?

I’ve heard people advise against any pressure washer, but methinks some must have variable PSI do they not?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve got the k4, Tis awesomzz.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Karcher G4.10 here. A little overkill really…

tron
    Free Member

Aldi have got one in at the moment. It’s 90 quid, and the flow rate and pressure figures stack up to nilfisk and karchers at almost double the money.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Which pressure washer (patio, car, conservatory etc)?’ is closed to new replies.