• This topic has 168 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 169 total)
  • Which person would you really not want to meet from STW….
  • Avocado
    Free Member

what/who are ‘scotch people’?

People from Scotland. Like Scotch eggs, Scotch mist, Scotch whiskey etc, etc, etc.

Gary_M
    Free Member

So are ‘pseudo scotch people’ people who pretend that they pretend they are Scots?

jimmy

And support Man Utd / Liverpool / Chelsea

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

‘scotch whiskey’ – what’s that?

robdob
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to meet me either. 🙂
    I am considerably larger, slower and less talented on a bike than you might expect.

MrNutt
    Free Member

having spent the last three weeks monitoring your behavior of an evening, (thermal imagining, high response direction microphones, refuse investigation, etc) I can safely say that I’d love to meet you in particular; we both have plenty in common, we even wear the same size clothes! (I borrowed a t-shirt and some undergarments after an accident one evening, I’ll give them back when we finally meet, I hope you don’t mind!)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Beware of MrNutt

He really is a lunatic.

😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

13 posts before I get a mention??

Jojo; If you find me ‘infuriating’, I think you may be taking me a little too seriously. Strange, that, coming from a Mleher… 😉

Avocado is undoubtedly our one and only AdamG/Cooligan/Snigletrack/Poindexter. I did wonder, when a new character appeared with the name Avocado, after my ‘incident’ last week. And I wondered how long it would be, before he turned up again. How’s the photocopying business, Adam?

I can’t understand people getting sand in their knickers over me. I’ll admit, I do take great delight in winding people up, because they allow themselves to get wound up. The content of some posts may annoy me, but as for the individual posting it, I don’t know them, so I won’t judge. But as for holding a grudge, well, GET. A. LIFE. If you’ve never actually met someone, you’re never going to really know them.

F’rinstance, I have very differing political views to CFH, for example, but that don’t put me off wanting to meet him. He seems very intelligent and eloquent, and has a sense of humour. And I’ve never noticed any underlying hate or nastiness in his posts. So, he can’t be all that bad.

But as for letting someone on an internet forum getting under your skin, well, that’s just silly. I mean, calling yourself Avocado, ffs, just to wind up someone you’ve taken a dislike to; that’s pathetic. Made me laugh, though! And it feeds my over-inflated ego even more…

I’ve lost count of the amount of STWers I’ve now met. Almost all of them have been fine. Several are now friends of mine. And I’m probbly going to meet a few more over the coming weeks and bikies.

Saying you’d not want to meet someone off here, based purely on their online persona, points towards a lack of social skills, imo. What, you’re not confident enough to actually find out what they’re really like?

It’s a PERSONA. Not real life. Work it out.

enfht
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up RudeBoy, you DONT believe the shite you spout, you’re just pretending to. Thank ****

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, and MrNutt is actually a lunatic. This is FACT.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you’ve never actually met someone, you’re never going to really know them

or even then…

DezB
    Free Member

Why would anyone pretend to be Scottish??

Avocado
    Free Member

I suspect it’s a sort of inverse snobbery Dez.

robdob
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to meet me either. 🙂
    I am considerably larger, slower and less talented on a bike than you might expect.

jojoA1
    Free Member

YOu certainly sound serious when you post. Like I say, I have no reason to think that you’re not a nice person. In fact I’d probably be interested to meet you just to find out what you’re really like. 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

So anyway Avocado what is ‘Scotch whiskey’?

Avocado
    Free Member

It’s like Scotch whisky but with added artificial colourings, just to annoy the Scotch.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh he had an e in it.
    Blimey.

robdob
    Free Member

Now, rudeboy, that’s the sort of post that makes people dislike you!!!

Can you please tell me why it’s fun winding people up? Why do people enjoy enraging, insulting and antagonizing others on STW? Or anywhere? And then they say that forming an opinion about that person is wrong and that they lack social skills!!! What???? A good social skill, I would say, is to have a good discussion about something, listening and respecting others viewpoints with an open mind.

A lot of people say a lot if things on STW. It’s just a shame that no-one really listens.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Something like this? (Just a guess)

No that’s whisky.

shinsplints

I’m a right idiot so I guess me…. 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Why do people enjoy enraging, insulting and antagonizing others on STW? Or anywhere?

you don’t need to insult anyone, merely criticising their opinions is enough for them to feel insulted 🙂

A good social skill, I would say, is to have a good discussion about something, listening and respecting others viewpoints with an open mind.

sounds awfully dull though, doesn’t it ? And “respecting others’ viewpoints” is only ever going to be a sham, as one always considers the differently minded to be witless nincompoops 🙂

Avocado
    Free Member

robdob – Member
    Now, rudeboy, that’s the sort of post that makes people dislike you!!!

I sometimes find it hard to pick anything out of Rudeboy’s whitenoise, so I went back and had another look…

*laughs his arse off at Rudeboy talking about people lacking social skills*

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Robdob; I only really do it when I feel people are being knobs. After all, I get my fair share of crap from some numpties on here, so it all adds to the excitement! And there’s nowt like a good 100+ post thread! I do believe in most of what I write, although I do throw the odd hand-grenade in, to liven things up.

I always try to stay clear of personal abuse. No need for that. I try not to deliberately insult people. if people are insulted, then that’s very much up to them.

As for ‘social skills’, well, I’ve met quite a few STWers so far, and hope to meet loads more. And most of the ones I’ve already met, seem to want to meet up for bikies and stuff, so I can’t be all that bad. Making an assessment of someone’s character, based solely on what they post on here, displays a lack of ability to think laterally about the person; to imagine them as a lot more than a collection of typed words. So maybe, yes, a lack of social skills.

Thing is, those who’ve met me, know what I’m really like, so they know to take it with a pinch of salt. I imagine most other people are like that really; you could have a heated debate with someone, but there are probbly loads of other areas where you could really get on with them. People aren’t just one-dimensional, as they may appear on here.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

take coz he is the most lazy biker ever who belive that food becomes b4 s*x an he does nothing but talk sh*t (all the time) plus if you dont know him he doesnt like 2 talk 2 u in person and he has really bad BO 😳

wors

Can someone meet up with dalesboyz and teach him some grammar.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Taka need not apply

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

do we know if Avocado IS RB yet ??

robdob
    Free Member

Can we not ban people who use texting grammar? I only use STW on my phone but find it easier to write proper sentences!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

S’not me, SFB. Read my first post above…

Pook

i’m one dimensional.

juan
    Free Member

right laff many a time

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avocado
    Free Member

People aren’t just one-dimensional, as they may appear on here.

However, some certainly are.

Anna-B
    Free Member

A lot of people say a lot if things on STW. It’s just a shame that no-one really listens

pay attention sfb!

avocado is undoubtedly our one and only AdamG/Cooligan/Snigletrack/Poindexter

I don’t like nastiness. Other people might, but I think that for Rudeboy to be unpleasant to himself via his made up alter-ego Avocado….. well you couldn’t make it up, could you.

No-one that I don’t want to meet, but I would give a good hard pinch to the person who appeared to call me a mong the other day.

Trimix
    Free Member

Id hate to meet myself, that would cause lots of problems. Unless I was in some sci-fi style movie of course – then there would be a happy ending for the good me and death for the bad me.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

S’not me, SFB. Read my first post above…

that would require me to believe you 🙂

pay attention sfb!

one cannot argue properly without paying attention 🙂

Mark

It’s a PERSONA. Not real life. Work it out.

Wrong!
    It IS real life.
    You post on here and upset someone with your words then you have upset them for real! They aint pretending!
    You insult someone on here you insult them for real.
    You offer an opinion on here people will correctly assume that is your actual, real life opinion.
    You act a arse on here I will consider you to be an arse because all evidence will point to you actually being an arse!

Just because you communicate via a forum does not mean you can distance yourself from what you say or ignore the fact that what you say has a real effect on the person at the reading end.

For me, if you are an arse on this forum then you will have your work cut out to convince me you are anything but an arse in the real world. I despise people with ‘online personas’. Your actual persona not good enough? I have one persona. You insult it online and it’s also insulted in meat space, so if we ever meet I will remain insulted until you apologise whether you have one or a whole collection of ‘personas’ online.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thing is, those who’ve met me, know what I’m really like, so they know to take it with a pinch of salt.

Yeah. Bluddy eejit, entcha?

rOcKeTdOg

reading this thread, it seems i really must try harder!

robdob
    Free Member

Mark.

EXACTLY!

If you are the sort of person who can’t be themselves here then don’t you think that’s dishonest? And downright nasty if you just want to antagonize folk. If you are typing it here you’ll certainly be thinking it when we meet and speak for real. So Jo thanks, I’ll take a raincheck on that meeting unless you be who you are on here.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Which person would you really not want to meet from STW….’ is closed to new replies.