Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which Pedals do i go for ?
  • compkiler
    Free Member

Yo.
    Im picking my new Giant Trance X2 up next Thursday and it doesnt come with any pedals so…
    Which pedals do people recomend?

Ive seen a lot of people and bikes riding with SPD click on pedals. Im used to normal flat pedals but would change if the SPD ones are pretty good.?
    Are they good for XC trails and black routes like Cannock Chase etc?

And which ones do you recomend? Pedals and shoes plz.
    Bare in mind, i dont really wana spend a fortune lol…

Regards

mboy
    Free Member

Stick to what you know to start with. You’re already going to be on a new bike which will need getting used to, it will overcomplicate things trying to get used to clipless pedals at the same time.

That’s not to say don’t get any ever, I’d just ride your new bike a few times first with some flat pedals on to get used to it. No need to spend a fortune either, can get some decent pedals for about £35 and a pair of Vans style trainers is ideal for use with them.

compkiler
    Free Member

Cheers Mboy youve been a great help so far 🙂

Ill wait a while then and see how i feel, get used to the bike and then maybe try someone elses out first.

mboy
    Free Member

No problems.

FWIW, I use both flat and clipless pedals (not at the same time obviously), each have their own benefits. But you’ll have enough of a time to worry about getting used to your new bike first.

Enjoy the bike! I need to get back up to Cannock soon for a ride, not been in a while now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which Pedals do i go for ?’ is closed to new replies.