Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • which parcel delivery company ?
  • snap
    Free Member

Hi
    Which parcel delivery company do you use ?
    which do you avoid ?
    thanks

cozz
    Free Member

It’s all down to local drivers. Some are
    Great some are not

For all our business we use ukmail

Avoid my Hermes They are
    Shocking

ppapa
    Free Member

DPD are ace.

Avoid Hermes and Yodel by all means. I was fighting with Yodel for a week as I needed the router to be delivered. I could not rearrange a delivery to another address or for a pick up locally (I don’t think they have such facility). After a week of failed deliveries (I cannot work from home without internet, so could not accept the parcel). Their “local depot” is over 12 miles away from the city centre. Had a nice journey in a train as I haven’t even been in that area before, but probably passed a bunch of times.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    snap
    Free Member

my nearest drop off point is ‘parcel force’ any good ?

gasser
    Free Member

Interparcel, been using them for years, gets you into all the big suppliers without a contract they would need normally.

Northwind

I use Hermes, 100 parcels a month or thereabouts (it’s just a standard account btw, I’m not getting preferential treatment or anything). Very happy tbh, they’ve lost I think 3 or 4 of my parcels but that’s out of over a thousand and in each case the compensation process was quick and easy. Quite a few short delays, 1 or 2 days late, I probably don’t know about all of these but I’d say maybe 1 in 20 or so get delayed at some stage. The parcelshop dropoff service is ace, no more hanging around for a pickup or trying to find a courier warehouse in the middle of nowhere. And of course they are cheap! That’s what brought me over to them in the first place but tbh, I’ve been happy with the service anyway. The website has some bugs but they do seem to be gradually stamping them out and they’re reasonably quick for manual fixes (I have one parcel from 2015 that’s stuck at “not delivered” and nobody seems to know how to fix it! I don’t really care but that’s not a really inspiring sign… Parcel status often doesn’t update unless you poke it so you can have 30 parcels “awaiting delivery” on teh summary but 20 turn out to be delivered.

Only exceptional bad experience I had was a car stereo I posted with them- it weighed a good couple of kilos but delivery driver thought it was a good idea to throw it over a 6 foot fence! That went back and forwards a bit as they said it was electronics so not covered for accidental damage, I argued it wasn’t accidental damage anyway. Got a payout but it did take time and was annoying.

I’m not happy with them as a company, their employment practices seem shit, though to be fair they’re not the only courier that this is true of. Watching to see what comes of this.

If it’s a one-off it’s worth trying discount codes and offers for parcelmonkey, interparcel and the like.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cozz first bit is spot on, but his last bit contradicts it.

It’s all about yer local driver, if he’s a cock/she’s a fanny, yer screwed.

maccruiskeen

DPD are ace.

That’ll change.

Their ‘informing you of a 1hr window for delivery’ thing is great. The ‘chance to contact the driver en-route and nominate a drop point for you to collect from if you can’t be in’ is great.

Whats coming though is some shit-brained scheme to allow each customer choose your own delivery time. So rather than planning an efficient route around their days drops the driver has to instead zigzag back and forth across the county – driving straight past addresses that they’ll later have to come back and deliver to just because you’ve been asked to pick a time out of the hat….. and while they’e doing that they’ll be paying for their own fuel.

Come christmas and drivers having upward of 100 deliveries a day its going to be figuratively and probably quite literally a car crash.

I don’t want to share the roads with drivers who’s employers put them under that kind of duress.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘which parcel delivery company ?’ is closed to new replies.