Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which open face helmet for goggles?
  • nevertoomanybikes
    Free Member

Totalled a Troy Lee a1 today. So new helmet time. As per the post, what to go for? I know open face and goggles is questionable at best, but as a contact lens wearer whose had too many festering eyes over the years it’s my preference. The a1 was OK, but not perfect. Thinking Bluegrass or Urge.

jam-bo

Montaro

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Get a helmet that fits your head then worry about the goggles, most of the neweer enduro style lids have goggles in mind.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kayak23

The Bell Super peak slides up enough to stow them under the peak. It’s a thing.

andyrm
    Free Member

661 Evo AM works brilliantly with goggles and is a bloody nice helmet.

hainman
    Free Member

I had the A1 TLD and it was comfy but wouldn’t let me wear goggles,the Urge ENDURO however does take goggles and is mega comfy

poah
    Free Member

anything pink would work

SirHC

Montaro works well. Peak moves up enough to keep them on your helmet, there is also a recess in the helmet to locate the strap.

*Yes goggles and an open face looks a bit odd, but if you are riding in mud/slop, then being able to see the next corner is a revelation.

chakaping
    Free Member

Urge AM works OK with goggles.

doubleu
    Free Member

As a fellow contact lens wearer I also embrace the open face helmet / goggles combo. Its not just the crap going into the eyes, things like wind etc can dry lenses out and cause irritation.

The Bell Super (and Super2R) works great. Takes goggles and I find it really comfy.

mindmap3
    Free Member

The Bell Super does indeed work well with googles.

What about the Smith helmets? They should too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which open face helmet for goggles?’ is closed to new replies.