Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which one of these 2 would you chose?
  • iolo
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a new road bike. Just fitness riding, no competing but distances up to 150k eventually (I’m a bit fat for that now). Based on price and spec I’ve narrowed it down to 2. I know I can get Tiagra specced aluminium whatever but this bike will need to last for a bloody long time so I might as well get a half decent one.

2016 Canyon Endurance 7 CF

or

2015 Cannondale supersix evo ultegra

There’s £50 price difference so either is fine.
    If it was cash, which one would you get and why?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I love Cannondales, I have 2, and 2 more prior to that. One is a Supersix, great frame. Don’t know anything about Canyons.

iolo
    Free Member

Is the supersix racy? Or would it be ok for my kind of pootling? (ride, stop, cafe, cake and repeat until home)?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tpbiker
    Free Member

doubt youd be disappointed in either. I have a canyon roadie, not the same model but its a great bike.

nerd
    Free Member

I have an Endurace, although it’s a 2014 Campag Chorus model with DT Swiss R23 spline wheels. It’s the best (road) bike I’ve owned. Very light and fast, stiff in the right places and comfy over the same kind of distances you’re doing. I don’t even run the sprung seat post, preferring a standard CF seat post and it’s still super comfy.

The Supersix is very racy. The equivalent of the Endurace in Cannondale’s line-up is the Synapse. That was my 2nd choice, but they don’t do a Campag version (neither do Canyon any more, though :()

iainc

For the riding you describe many would say Defy instead :

like this

as it is very likely a more complaint ride

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Did 320 miles in Lanzarote on that exact model Supersix. Not sure what ‘very racy’ means but 4 of us hired them and all got on with them, on a range of roads from billiard table to near off road.

If they had em in 48 Munqechick would have bought one already, half tempted myself despite having a perfectly good equivalent quality Lapierre. Weakest point is Aksium wheels, but that’s at rrp, at those prices I wouldn’t expect more.

wrecker
    Free Member

Gimme the cannondale. It’s even the right colour.

lee170
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a 2015 cannondale super six evo 105.
    It is a racy position but also I find it very comfortable,more so than my defy I had before this.
    I ride then cake and home etc and it’s ace.
    Get the dale you won’t be disappointed.
    There’s also the fact that you can go to a local dealer and try the dale where as canyons online only.(I believe)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That green colour is vile so go Canyon!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which one of these 2 would you chose?’ is closed to new replies.