Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • which one day endurance rides (not enduro)?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Done the 24hr thing & now looking for day rides so the team can ride all at the same time, apart from the Dyfi what not to be missed “off road sportives” are there?

frogstomp

The CyB Enduro is run by the same people as the Dyfi.. the Red Kite events look good too – will be looking to try some next year.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

IoM E2E make a nice long weekend/short week of it.

Pyro

Rather Be Cycling’s ‘Adventure X’ events? 40- to 60-odd mile CX/mtb rides, the one in Wales was very good fun. Not that techy but enjoyable long days out, there’s one in Galloway and one in the Lakes left in the series: http://www.ratherbecyclingevents.co.uk/

CheesybeanZ

Heaven of the south , very well organised and some excellent Singletrack .

jonba
    Free Member

Selkirk Marathon/National champs is a fantastic ride. Asssuming it goes ahead next year.

There is often something at Kielder although they had some trouble this year. They have put on some of the best endurance races in the country over the years.

There was a coast to coast ride (maybe done by ratrace?)

Also the Manx 100.

chudsy
    Free Member

http://www.rpmrt.org.uk/mary-towneley-loop/
    Did it last year and booked on for this year as well.

rOcKeTdOg

Great stuff!

nedrapier

Does it need to be organised?

If you’re not racing for a position, but riding for purely fun, why limit yourself to riding things on the same weekend as a load of others?

If you like the sound of the riding on HONC, HOTS etc, you can always ride the same stuff.

Pick a weekend, pick an area, piece together a ride and somewhere to stay, go and ride!

Northwind

Tour de Ben Nevis? Haven’t done it as I don’t like getting my feet wet 😳 but might do this year now that I know I can do the distance. Most people who’ve done it rave about it.

rOcKeTdOg

If you’re not racing for a position, but riding for purely fun, why limit yourself to riding things on the same weekend as a load of others?

It’s nice to have it way marked & not have the bother of looking at maps/gps etc & just concentrate on the trail ahead & that way we can ride an area we don’t know easily, more ride in a limited time but with a competitive edge/survival riding with mates always brings

bikebouy
    Free Member

That Lakes rideout in Oct looks positively Ace.

Can I fit it in?

Hmmm… 8)

DrP

You could have come along to the Brighton-London-Brighton jaunt for that sort of thing!
    No doubt there’ll be another one!

DrP

CheesybeanZ

Another favourite event is the real ale wobble , bikes beer and welsh trails .

FOG

NYMBO’s Moors Marathon in the N. York moors is a really nice relaxed event on RoWs near Dalby. Options from family friendly 25k to decent 100km day out. Not a rad day of shredding the gnarr but interesting riding in beautiful scenery. Because it uses RoWs there is tarmac to join them up.

ontor
    Free Member

make your own. the dartmoor North-south or west-east are rather fun. SDW and WHW are classics.

br
    Free Member

We did this last year, and while it’s aimed at cyclo-cross bikes it was bloody good fun on an MTB.

http://bookmyride.ipcshop.co.uk/shop/adventure-x/lakeland-monster-miles-adventure-x6345

br
    Free Member

It’s nice to have it way marked & not have the bother of looking at maps/gps etc & just concentrate on the trail ahead & that way we can ride an area we don’t know easily, more ride in a limited time but with a competitive edge/survival riding with mates always brings

Come up to the Tweed Valley and for a reasonable price I’ll lead you on as long as a loop as you can manage, (and not Glentress). 🙂

mdb
    Free Member

Why not do the Southdowns Way. It’s very well sign posted and certainly a challenging ride, especially if you want to try for a fast time. I did it yesterday without a map and had no issues with following the route.

singletracksurfer

Summit sixty five (has a 65 mile route option) and is an off road sportive. It’s in the Chilterns and has some great riding. Definitely a place best explored when signed too. 14th September near high Wycombe.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘which one day endurance rides (not enduro)?’ is closed to new replies.