Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which oldskool frame for the winter/pub/general larking?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ok, I have plenty of frames I could probably use, but I want a lightweight cheapish frame that will use the components I have, so 1& 1/8th 440mm rigid forks & 68mm BB so I can use my middleburns & 26″ wheels are a necessity.
    I have a Pipedream pre production Ti hardtail that I have finally admitted it just to small for me at 6′, I was using it in SS guise but as I said it is just to small. I also have an original Stiffee frame that I could use as it fits me well, but it is rather porky & I’m a bit of a tart when it comes to weight 😳
    So what frames are still available in large that might flick my switch?
    I have seen On-one still have a couple of Scandals that fit the bill, apart from the snob in me, week as it is as my main go to bike nowadays is 29er Scandal!

Your thoughts please?

Cheers.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

No one?
    Was I to pompous? I didn’t mean it to come across as such.

Cheers.

Edric64
    Free Member

Isnt the pub bike any old crap so long as the wheels go round ? Then you can leave it unlocked anywhere !Sounds like you want my best bike as your pub one !!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Your right, but I don’t do any old crap, but it’s to late to edit the title now 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ok, so assuming I don’t really want a pub bike does anyone have anything helpful to ad?

ton

cheap pub bike? my on one 29r. it is on classifieds

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ton, I’m not quite in your size league yet 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which oldskool frame for the winter/pub/general larking?’ is closed to new replies.