Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • which of these would you choose to spend 8 months or so to live and cycle in?
  • lyons
    Free Member

Hi,

Next year, i am going to (almost deffinitely) work for a holiday company doing maintenence at one of their holdiay sites… They have quite a few locations, in england, wales and scotland, plus a couple in france.

For what it is worth, i'm hoping to find somewhere that has good xc riding, but also some dh or jumpy type stuff. But the xc is far more important, and if it was suitably technical or fun, i wouldnt be worried about dh riding really. I can allways make some tracks… 😀

So which of the list would you choose, or any comments on any of them…?
    Or pics etc?

The choices in order of which i think sound best are – (the first four all sound and look amazing)

Dalguise in Perthsire Scotland

The Black mountains in Wales – well its 4 miles from 'Hay on Wye'

The Ardeche in France – Very appealing, but i cant find anything about cycling there…Its near the towns of Barjac and Vallon

The Isle Of Arran

The Forest of Dean

Palamos – in spain on the Costa Brava

The Dordogne in france – Near to Brive La Gallarde for what its worth..

Torrington in North Devon – Not sure how good the riding would be?

Shropshire – near to shrewsbury

Cheers, Andy

finners

will u have your own transport?

snaps
    Free Member

Torrington in North Devon has very little good riding but you'd only be 20 minutes drive from the North edge of Dartmoor & less than a hour from Exmoor & Quantocks.
    The Black mountains or The Forest of Dean would be my choice if no car.

lyons
    Free Member

ah yeah, i forgot to say, my only transport would be my bikes…

tang
    Free Member

black mountains or ardeche. my brother was a canoe instructor there, hot in the summer, lovely swimming, climbing and he did lots of biking in the forests there. cant tell you more tho! he loved it! black mountains are stunning but its uk so weather is always a factor. for the exp id go for france and take a road bike also if poss!

finners

f' it. go to france somewhere. go somewhere different!

rich_tee
    Free Member

do france! The riding season starts earlier and despite a hot dry summer finishes later. – it is still 22+degrees at the moment.
    No mud either 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

France. Your an hour from the Alps in the Ardeche, not far from Avignion all of that, better food, better scenery, better riding.
    It's a complete shoe in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘which of these would you choose to spend 8 months or so to live and cycle in?’ is closed to new replies.