Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • which of these two lenses?
  • BikePawl
    Free Member

For those knowledgeable about camera stuff

Would you keep, if any for use on a new nikon didgital?

Cheers for any advice

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Right hand one.

BikePawl
    Free Member

Cheers tucker, would that be cause it’s slightly newer and would work with a digital

TuckerUK
    Free Member

1979-1981 Series E on left, and I think and the last (and cheapest build quality) of the Ai-S 1.8s on the right. Same optical design, I just prefer the look of the one on the right.

MrSmith
    Free Member

series e-lenses were cheaper versions of the Nikkor’s.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

They will both only fully work with bodies that support Ai/Ai-S lenses, and the cheapest bodies don’t. The camera metering will not work with the cheaper bodies.

I’m trying to find you a decent & concise online guide.

In any case, they’ll both sell on eBay.

Try This! Scroll down half way

Thom’s site is generally good all round.

BikePawl
    Free Member

Many thanks

BikePawl
    Free Member

The new camera is a D7000 so metering does work, I think, well it did when I tried it.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Yes you’re right, D7000 supports Ai/Ai-S/E lenses.

donsimon
    Free Member

If they offer to sell you the camera that took the picture above…. Walk away quickly…

BikePawl
    Free Member

Should I whistle whilst I walk away?

Kato

Bikepawl, lemme know what you think of the D7000

I’m about to pull the trigger on one to replace my aging D80 and have been ummming and ahhing about it for months. Was going with a D300s but my head was turned by the D7000

BikePawl
    Free Member

I love it, it’s several steps above my previous D60. I like the ease of switching to manual focus. Not sure about the video, my 1 attempt so far is cack. Now all I’ve got to do is learn how to use it.

ericemel
    Free Member

Kato – I upgraded to a D7000 from a D80 and while it is a fantastic camera, I would struggle to claim my pics are significantly better.

But it is a bloody lovely camera none the less

ski
    Free Member

Owned both in the past, the E series clamied to have less coatings on the inner ellements.

TBH, I could not tell the difference between either of the two I owned.

I would stick with whichever was in better nick & stick it on the FM/FE on the left ;0)

Would you keep, if any for use on a new nikon didgital?

Na, I would buy the new AF version 😉

BikePawl
    Free Member

I was thinking of selling them on e-bay as seperate items

Kato – Member

Bikepawl, lemme know what you think of the D7000

I’m about to pull the trigger on one to replace my aging D80 and have been ummming and ahhing about it for months. Was going with a D300s but my head was turned by the D7000

If it’s of any use to you I got the body only from HDEW Cameras, its a grey import but at £749 it was a bargain, they’ve still got the offer on till the 7th October, they offer a three year warrenty, cause Nikon europe won’t

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘which of these two lenses?’ is closed to new replies.