Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Which of these bikes, tarty, nice bike content :)
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

tarty, nice heavy mid range at best FS bike content

That's better.

Get some test rides if you can and buy the one you like most, if the Norco is a 'last resort' why are you considering it!?

poppa
    Free Member

STW hospitality at its finest!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i have ridden all of them and find them to be amazing, considering i am moving up from a carrera banshee x

wwaswas

I'm at the 'jey xc' end of the spectrum but they do all look quite beefy for anything involving going up hills?

njee20
    Free Member

STW hospitality at its finest!

Well I try 🙂

If you really like them all equally go for the cheapest one/one you think is the best looking! The Marin looks to be the best specced, I'd probably go for that.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i am moving towards the scott or marin atm

poppa
    Free Member

Cripes, that Marin comes with 2.5" Stick-E Kenda tyres on – I question whether it would be possible to pedal that anywhere without having a heart attack!

Does seem the best spec though, so maybe just eBay the rear tyre (at least).

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

the tyres on the marin will be switched to high rollers straight away or geax aka's

njee20
    Free Member

Any of them are going to be real dogs to try and ride up hill! If you want to ride up hill then a Pitch may be a better bet than a Big Hit, in the Spesh range at least.

docrobster
    Free Member

What is "heavy XC"?
    If its riding up hills before riding down them I agree they all look a bit on the big side.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

its gotta be able to handle drops, jumps, fast downhill and take what can be thrown at it

chakaping
    Free Member

They'll all hurt for anything XC and if your mates are on XC bikes you might get very frustrated.

Haven't ridden any but nearly bought a Quake myself. It used to be marketed as an AM bike so must ride up OKish. The Domain 318 is a great fork too.

That's probably the one I'd get. The Norco looks like more of a DH bike and the Big Hit and Mondraker have Marz forks (which would be a bit of a worry for me).

juiced
    Free Member

without researching the forks and shock I couldn't be sure. But initially I'd go for the Marin easily.Looks like an awesome little bike.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

my mates rider dirt jumpers for the trails

stevede
    Free Member

Agree with njee20, the pitch would be far better as an all rounder than any of the bikes mentioned and is plenty tough enough,lifetime warranty on the frame and within your budget.

saxabar
    Free Member

I'd opt for the Marin but do be sure to have a test ride first, if only on the "genre" of bike, so to avoid buying a lump that you resent riding uphill!
    (FWIW, I ride an Alpine 160 that ticks all your boxes although is a tad pricier).

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i'm only interested in those bikes listed

wwaswas

i'm only interested in those bikes listed

why, if there's something that will do what you want better?

it does sound if you've already decided but want other peopel to validate your opinion?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

the uphill is not a worry, i have very little uphill to ride, i just need a bike that wont brake being crazy

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

if some one can offer me something that will take large drops and gaps i will be happy to see the option but recommending, it was a mistake to list heavy xc as i ride very little uphill

HTTP404
    Free Member

heavy xc mid freeride mid downhill

behold – a new niche is born.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds more like the guy wants a freeride bike. I'm sure the Pitch is a great bike but it's definitely more all-mountainy.

If you;re small, this might be a good option…

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p1731

Or if you're large this one…

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p2266

Really burly but not mega heavy and ride uphill fine. Great suspension system, Fox 36 and good kit.

Definitely worth the extra IMO.

docrobster
    Free Member

i have very little uphill to ride

Lucky you!
    Where I live the downs all have corresponding ups 😀
    Get the one you like the best

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

chakaping that giant is a good spot but it dosnt realy appeal to me :s

it is a very good spec but i dont like its looks honestly, and there isnt a a point in having a bike that dosnt look good

juiced
    Free Member

agreed FR bike and angles req'd +1

RealMan
    Free Member

i ride very little uphill

Therefore you must ride very little downhill? Or do you have access to cable cars/ski lifts/etc. ?

docrobster
    Free Member

Those Giants are a lot of bike for the money.

juiced
    Free Member

the giant looks amazing too.

docrobster
    Free Member

there isnt a a point in having a bike that dosnt look good

🙄

stevede
    Free Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder indeed. I'd have presumed you weren't interested at all in a bikes aesthetics based on your shortlist! Each to their own though.

RealMan
    Free Member

and there isnt a a point in having a bike that dosnt look good

Why are you considering the Marin then.. Its hideous lol 😀

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

looks are upon the owner, one thing we can all agree on is that red heads are good 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks were part of the reason I didn't get a quake tbh. It just looks heavy with all that metal.

But if you like it then snap one up. Probably better for your style of riding anyway, the Reign X is a bit steep angled for full on DH (according to a friend with one).

molgrips
    Free Member

there isnt a a point in having a bike that dosnt look good

Yeah there is. If a bike rides the best why bother what it looks like?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

so its the scott, spesh or marin :S

scott, a play full sus djer
    spesh is more of a drops and gaps bike
    marin more of a trail centre with jumps bike, hmmmm

RealMan
    Free Member

scott, a play full sus djer
    spesh is more of a drops and gaps bike
    marin more of a trail centre with jumps bike

What?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

think i have decided on the scott

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Based on what you want it for, I can't help but feel that a Pitch Pro would be far better than any of those UltraMegaRavineAngelSuperPatrolMeisters.

BigDummy
    Free Member

If a bike rides the best why bother what it looks like?

Cart horse before the. As any phule no, a bike that looks better rides better. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Which of these bikes, tarty, nice bike content :)’ is closed to new replies.