Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Which ODI grips?
  • organic355
    Free Member

X-trainer, ruffian or rogue? what is everyone using?

LoCo
    Free Member

TLD ones

richmtb

TLD ones

The Troy Lee Design ones are excellent.

Cross Trainers are nice and comfy too.

I would go for either over the Ruffians which are a bit hard and wear out quite quickly.

No experience of Rogues

rocketman
    Free Member

Rogue – big hands, gravity
    Xtreme – gnar-tech trail riding
    Ruffian – everything else

teasel
    Free Member

Rogues are nice and padded with their large block pattern. For the larger hands, though…

Northwind

I like Rogues, but they’re pretty big, and pretty soft, so not for everyone.

Ruffians are just a bit meh, safe choice I suppose but they don’t do anything particularily good (or bad)

marsdenman
    Free Member

have used ruffians with no probs but went to rogues when I went to grip shift 🙂
    Rogues are a better fit for me large hands, and butt up nicely to the shifters

ski
    Free Member

I like the Yeti, but they don’t last forever!

chakaping
    Free Member

Got some barely used Rogues here (without clamp rings), if you want to try them out cheapish?

Email in profile if interested.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Longnecks here…

Great bits of kit..

organic355
    Free Member

I am guessing the rogues aren’t for me as my glove sIze is small. So xtremes, xtrainer or ruffians

Are the Xtremes black? Read somewhere the grips and villas were an xtr grey?

Quite like the look of the xtrainers

rocketman
    Free Member
    ChrisL

I like Ruffians because most of the time I prefer relatively narrow grips.

enfht
    Free Member

Rogues

and I have little ditty hands 😀

The padding helps lessen moob wobble…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Liking my X-trainers here. Nicer than the Ruffians they replaced.

PrinceJohn

Longnecks +1

But there’s a new kid in town I’ve yet to try…

Vans waffle… hmmmmmm

z1ppy

Rogue nowadays as I like there bigger girth, but previously Yeti’s were alway my first option.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have always used yeti’s on my stiffee but tried some x-trainer on my badboy and rogues on my giant trance.
    The yeti’s I have gone off due to being a bit too soft. they tend to leave your hands black and sticky after a ride. the cross trainers are perfect for the badboy commuter, i had concerns about durability but they still look pretty new after 1.5 years and a couple of thousand miles. Not sure I would want them on my trail bike
    I was a bit worried when i first put the rogues on my giant trance. i had read they were big but i thought it its probably only a couple of mm. when i first tried them on the bike they felt massive and i didn’t think i would like them. A few rides in I love them. My hands are not massive but the extra diameter has stopped my gloves ruffling up in my palms which never really hurt or caused a problem but its nicer to not have them ruffled.

brakes
    Free Member

not rogues, they’re too squishy and wobbly
    not Yeti, harsh on your hands and don’t last long
    I’d go ruffians if I had to have ODI
    I prefer Sunline

fenred
    Free Member

Hardcore FTW

gee
    Free Member

Rogues. I have gigantic hands.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

+ 1 for ODI Longneck lock on grips in 130mm length 😉

Have used loads of others, such as ODI Raceface (the original ones, with the FR logo), ODI Raceface Snipers, ODI Ruffians, Lizard Skin Peaty grips etc but prefer Longnecks.

They’re quite thin, but the mushroom design is really comfy and they feel great…

organic355
    Free Member

as ive got small hands I have gone for the xtrainers and I prefer the look of them. didnt want the “collar/lip” on the xtremes although they would have been second choice. Will let you know how i get on with the xtrainers.

chiefgrooveguru

The TLD ones gave me callouses so thick that they blistered underneath! Was v painful. However, I reversed them last week and now they’re great. Anyone else using the backwards or am I weird?

charliedontsurf

Longnecks… Because they remind me of the 1980s, damned comfy too.

honourablegeorge

chiefgrooveguru – Member

The TLD ones gave me callouses so thick that they blistered underneath! Was v painful. However, I reversed them last week and now they’re great. Anyone else using the backwards or am I weird?

I find the TLD ones brilliant. used suffer with blisters on alps/DH trips, none since I got the TLDs

No idea which way is backwards, mind – got a pic?

LoCo
    Free Member

So you’re running the ‘ridges’ at the back? Chief

therealhoops
    Free Member

Ruffians.

davosaurusrex

Vote for X-trainers, got the lime green ones, feel much nicer than Ruffiams and are lasting better too

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Ruffians with no gloves.

chiefgrooveguru

So you’re running the ‘ridges’ at the back? Chief

Yes, so it’s harder to roll your hands forwards. The other way round my gloves were bunching at the base of my fingers, now they’re staying smooth and tight. It was driving my crazy, bought some new gloves because I thought my old ones were worn out and causing the problem. They’re working really way the other way round and actually the grip direction fits better with the ‘drop your wrists, don’t grip the bars hard’ mindset that Jedi teaches.

kiwijohn

Attacks or Tomacs, same thing really.

& I have those Vans as well. I’d get some more, but the BMX shop has been killed by the internet.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Which ODI grips?’ is closed to new replies.