Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • which Oakley lenses for cloudy/overcast conditions?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I'm looking at getting some Oakley Half Jacket XLJ glasses which only come with one lens so am also looking at getting a couple of other lens colours for different conditions. Which Oakley lens colour should i use in cloudy conditions? Currently have a set of Tifosi glasses which came with clear, yellow and a dark red, which Oakley colour would be most like my current yellow ones? Not wanting anything fancy like polarised or owt, just a simple lens to use during winter day rides. Going to get the frames with the black iridium lenses for summer riding and then some extra clear ones for night riding.

thanks for any pointers or tips

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Persimmon. Simples.

Persimmon.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I use High intensity yellow for dark days and a VR28 for overcast/brighter days. I find I hardly use the black iridiums unless it's really REALLY sunny…

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

+1 for VR28

carlosg
    Free Member

How nuch have you been quoted ?

£91 for a 3 lens XLJ (including case)from,
    http://www.polimil.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Oakley___Half_Jacket_XLJ_Array__78_95.html

oddjob
    Free Member

VR28 for almost all conditions. The black iridium is too dark for all the but the very brightest days in the UK. I would say that clear/yellow, VR28 and the bacl iridium should cover all eventualities. It did for me until I got some photochromatic radars, now I only need 1 set 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

I use Permission or G30's
    The G30's are better imo but not so good if the sun comes out though.

anc
    Free Member

G30's are good for all round use. Brill in dappled light you get in forests, seem to cope with the light transition better than any other lens I've used.

crazy-legs

Persimmon's for cloudy/overcast.
    G30's for pretty much everything else.

Can buy 3-lens sets of Half Jackets for about £100, they come with G30, persimmon and clear.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘which Oakley lenses for cloudy/overcast conditions?’ is closed to new replies.