Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which non mushroom looking helmet?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

I’ve had a Giro Hex for a few years, it needs replacing,
    I measure 58cm so don’t have a tiny head, although it really is a pin head!
    my Mum used to say I have an egyptian shaped head?!

anyway I’d like to get hold of a new helmet that doesn’t look like a massive mushroom on my head!

Purchased one of these from chain reaction, a bargain and very nice helmet but feels like I’m wearing….

I like the size/fit of of the Hex but always felt the innards flimsy and weak,
    Before I try the Hex again, has anyone any suggestions?
    Genuine suggestions welcome too….

sirromj

And you’d like to avoid feeling like this too?

tacopowell
    Free Member

And you’d like to avoid feeling like this too?

Take away the ‘police’ and forget that it looks similar to an Stahlhelm, It’s actually a nice close fit, Perfect!

Kamakazie

Try and find an Urge stockist. I’ve not found anything quite as low profile from any other make.

tacopowell
    Free Member

A read around would suggest Urge is the way forward, Some currently on sale at Chainreaction but with some truly horrific colours!

gonzy
    Free Member

the giro feature or chronicle might be what youre looking for. i’ve had a feature before and it was a very low profile helmet…never tried a chronicle but i assume that it wont be that different to the feature

i’ve got a troy lee a1 now and that one is a mushroom compared to the feature

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

otsdr
    Free Member

And a rain cover for the (l.e.) above-the-above.

iainc

if the Hex fits the Giro Chronicle and Montaro should too. I settled on the Montaro, though they have had some issues…

montaro

chronicle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which non mushroom looking helmet?’ is closed to new replies.