Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which Nipples….
  • duckers
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Any 12mm brass, it says they use Sapim as stock, but that doesn’t matter. Not a fan of DT Prolock or other fancy nips, unnecessary IMO.

benpinnick

Personally I would go for 14mm Sapim Polyax Alloy on that wheelset.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Standard brass would be my vote. Alloy fancy things, microscopic weight save that makes no difference, less durable and easier to round off with spoke wrenches. Probably. Never had alloy ones, but the Internetz says they’ll basically melt and your wheel explode.

Anyway. Wheel build I just got, options were plenty and I just went with brass because it was no extra cost 😀

duckers
    Free Member

Cheers. Think I’ll wander into my lbs tomorrow to make sure I get a match.

njee20
    Free Member

You don’t need a match. You need a standard nipple. 2.0 x 12/14/16mm, alu or brass, silver, black, green or purple. Your choice! Personally I always use 12s, the Sapims they come with are always 14mm AFAIK, so I’d probably follow Ben in this instance. If 14mm weren’t available id not worry about using 12s.

jimification
    Free Member

Brass are best but if you want to save weight or add colour than Ali. To give an idea of weight saving, 64 brass nips are 64g, 64 Ali nips about 20g. Up to you if that’s worth it or not…

If you do go for Ali nips though, I’d stick with decent ones like DT. Avoid Halo etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which Nipples….’ is closed to new replies.