• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which new disk brakes, help me i'm useless at decisions!
  • markoulini

Am truly feed up of bleeding my 2007 avid juicy 3’s. What else is there thats good for xc/endur/playing at Afan etc and not really costly.

Are the SLX okay ?

curlie467
    Free Member

Yes but the deore m595s are cheaper and supposedly more powerful according to the bikeradar test.

I have had two sets on different bikes and they are excellent and stupidly reliable.

Northwind

How much? Formula Oro K24s are hard to argue with at the prices they are just now- strong, well controlled, reliable, easy to get parts for. A wee bit heavy is the only downside I’ve found. My XTs were OK but pretty undistinguished.

markoulini

hopefully less than £150 a set (F&R). I cannot find the K24 but have seen K18’s at 140 a set .

curlie467
    Free Member

The m595s will be well under that, so will the SlXs.

I have heard nothing but good about the formulas though.

Northwind

That’s complete prices remember- comes with rotors etc. Which of course you don’t need right now but it’s extra stuff and useful spares. Formula factory store are probably still the best place to go, at £150 for a set of K24s with the extra adjuster, a little less for the K18s which are still decent.

And that’s for a brake that performs better than SLX (can’t compare with new deore myself), and is fully servicable unlike Shimano.

backhander
    Free Member

Pretty much all current offerings will be a massive improvement on juices.

maxray
    Free Member

Slx got 30% off at Crc I think

haggis1978

i got a pair of formula oro biancos for £130 from here, model above k24s. discs, rotors the lot bargain prices!!

http://store.formula-brake.com/special_offers

markoulini

Cheers for the advice, some k24 in white are on their way to me now!

FOG

Just bought some SLXs from Merlin at a good price. Unfortunately they are being rather tardy at delivering them but the set I have on another bike are excellent

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which new disk brakes, help me i'm useless at decisions!’ is closed to new replies.