Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which new bike time: carbon xc 29er upto/around £1300
  • spicer
    Free Member

I’m after something better suited for my local xc riding and some longer distance stuff, and have found some nice deals- particularly on a Norco Revolver, Trek Superfly, and a Haibike greed. Must be:
    – 29er
    – Carbon
    – Non entry level forks (no Rockshox TK dampers!)
    – dropper post compatible

The dropper post bit is where I’m struggling- most of the xc bikes have 27.2 seatposts. I know there are a few 27.2 droppers out there, but I’d rather not have to spend another few hundred £ getting that sorted when I have a 30.6 and 31.6 post at home I could use already.

Will be looking round the local shops this week too.

Any other suggestions out there?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve just emailed you with something you may be interested in.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Probably have a look at the Giant XTC advanced range.
    They still do a couple of 29ers.
    30.9 seat post as well.
    Thanks,
    Max

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spicer
    Free Member

Thanks both,

theres a big giant store near work, so I’ll pop in and have a look!

wiggles
    Free Member

I’d say cube reaction would be good but it is 27.2 seatpost

eshershore
    Free Member

@spicer

here’s mine

you can easily upgrade the compression damper and rebound damper for the 32mm TK forks.

I got the Motion Control DNA and Rapid Recovery damper upgrades put into my fork, transforms the ride

Kryton57

Try the Vitus Rapid 29 on sale at CRC – mines on the way, and £1377 with BC discount gets oyu carbon, X01/XT & Reba with raceface turbine 1 x 11. Much better kit than the stock Giant XTC at £1400, and I’m a Giant fan!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-bikes-rapide-29-hardtail-bike-2016/rp-prod135379

taxi25
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

wait for the One mac thingy (stupid name) to have a price chip?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOMCGX1/on-one-maccatuskil-sram-gx1-carbon-mountain-bike

spicer
    Free Member

I was very tempted by the vitus once I saw it, but have gone with a KTM courtesy of Steve above! It doesn’t fit the normal dropper sizes, but I’ll have to get a 27.2 ks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which new bike time: carbon xc 29er upto/around £1300’ is closed to new replies.