Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • which netbook???
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

Looking for Christmas present for daughter 14 years old, for mainly surfin web and doing homework etc, dont want to spend a fortune but dont want it slow etc

tails
    Free Member

nokia or perhaps a normal laptop. I have an nc10, 2 problems check you get the 6 or 9 cell version and the ribbon has problems, google nc10 white screen. i really need to return mine.

rig
    Free Member

MSI Wind – bought my wife one last Xmas & she hasn't put it down since!

pendlechris
    Free Member

Where did u get the MSI WIND and which model?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Samsung N110

rig
    Free Member

I bought it from Amazon – MSI Wind 8.9-inch White Netbook U90X, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, Linux, Webcam, Bag.

I chose this one as it had the best Notebook processor – Intel Atom – & a full size keyboard. The write ups on it were very good. You can get a more expensive model with a better battery however, i.e. the battery lasts longer. Depends on how your daughter intends to use it I guess.

You need an external disk drive.

antigee

Linux

bought an acer aspire1 with Linux as i thought time for an old dog to learn new tricks – disappointed as regularly fails to boot and then found out there are no drivers available for lexmark printers – of which we have 3 including a wireless one
    the linux community blame lexmark for being secretive – so i guess there are other printer mnfrs that won't share code

just replaced it with a compaq mini 110 from comet

xp Hard disk 1gb ram – nice big keys – very impressed paid £30 for MSoffice07 student license by googling
    as it came with 90day trial which costs a fortune to convert
    battery life not as good as some – that is what seems to drive price and as said above maybe budget for an external dvd drive and/or cardreader

fubar
    Free Member

If this is her main computer I'd go for the (near)12 inch screens where you can see a decent amount of the screen without too much scrolling…(although not really a netbook any more)…Samsung n510 perhaps ?

Gnnr

Got a Dell Mini10, its a nice machine as a supplement to a main desktop. Not sure if I would like to to use it standalone. A external dvd drive would be necessary. Good for surfing the net in the lounge or when Mrs G is hogging the main PC… like now!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘which netbook???’ is closed to new replies.