Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which music streaming service?
  • butterbean
    Free Member

I figure it’s time I joined the real world and signed up for something, but there is a lot of choice out there, so after some pointers.

iPhone user, with a Mini Mac that is hooked up to the TV. Avid hater of iTunes & having a look at the current version looks a bit more pretty than the last time I used it, but still amazingly un-user friendly. iTunes on my phone seems equally as rubbish, so happy to ditch that.

The obvious is Spotify – purely as i’ve heard of it, I have dabbled with Soundcloud & 8tracks in the past but never really settled on anything.

Is there anything that’s head & shoulders above the rest? Something that would ideally play nicely with a Sonos setup too. I guess price is much of a muchness between all of them?

Ideas please!

allthegear
    Free Member

iTunes. 😆

Rachel

mudhead84
    Free Member

I got Deezer thrown in free with a Sonos product. Didn’t think I would end up keeping it but I wouldn’t be without it now. Pay £5 a month for premium. Real easy to work, good library of songs and good sound quality.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Be careful with Apple Music, plenty of stories of how it has deleted sections of people’s music library 😯

(note I am a fanboi and won’t sign up for the free trial)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Try Apple Music for 3 months for free, then sign up for a trial of Microsoft Groove, don’t take it up, they’ll offer you 4 months free.

Take 7 months to decide.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Try them, beauty of online msic is you can try and then try another really easily. Currently a spotify user here and I like it, the bit where I can swap it from my PC to phone to chromecast with 2 clicks is great.

butterbean
    Free Member

Is there import/export compatibility of stuff I have liked/built into playlists between platforms?

I’m not one for repeatedly going over the same things, just for the sake of trying something.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not sure on some of them, for spotify I use it differently though, mostly I use the radio (by song/artist/album/playlist) and let it go it’s own way, you train it by saying yes/no if there is something excellent/crap in there.

slightreturn
    Free Member

We have Spotify. Decent. We have it our children’s nurserys plus you can have it on three or four other devices, so me n sis have it at home all on the same account. 90 quid a year I think.

convert

We have Spotify. Decent. We have it our children’s nurserys plus you can have it on three or four other devices, so me n sis have it at home all on the same account. 90 quid a year I think.

What you have there is Spotify family which is £14.99pm or £180 per year. Your half of the bill I guess is £90. Spotify family seems to take a relatively liberal idea of what a family is, or rather the users do and they don’t seem to care too much(its meant to be member of the same family who live at the same address).

Jamie
    Free Member

Deezer here.

For me it has the best UI and apps.

Tried Spotify, but 2 things annoyed me.

1. Adding an album to favourites adds all the songs to your favourite songs lists.

2. No ability to ban artists from radio/mixes.

Other than that I feel it’s much of a muchness between the two. Both much more accomplished than Google Muisc and Amazon music. Not tried Apple, as despite being an iOS and Mac user, I find their apps unnecessarily unintuitive and illogical.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which music streaming service?’ is closed to new replies.