Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which multi function printer?
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

As the title says – suggestions please. Budget up to £100, for ‘home office’ use, mostly scanning and printing. Had thought the Kodaks with cheapo ink would be good but they seem to get slated!

I have a Lexmark that seemed great initially, but is a frikkin nightmare trying to keep it working wirelessly

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I’ve got an Epson SX420W. Will cost you about £50. Nice and easy to set up and use, works fine with all 5 PCs in the house and has separate black, magenta, yellow and cyan cartridges. So far has been trouble free and reasonably economical with ink.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LittleTones
    Free Member

Epson SX515W, nice and cheap £65 from Amazon, compatible inks available for pennies. I’ve had mine since just before Christmas, it was easy to set up. The only criticism is it can be a little loud in use.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

How’s Epson’s software these days? Had one a few years ago, nothing but trouble getting the thing to do the same thing twice!

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

I bought an Epson SX515W from Amazon. We also have an Epson SX415. Both installed (mac and pc) no problems. Ink is cheap with separate tanks as LittleTones said.

Software seems simple enough to use. My 11 year old son uses his ok.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Recently got a Canon MP495 for £50 from Tesco. Scans and prints wirelessly and will photocopy too so it’s pretty versatile.

No card slots though, but TBH the print quality isn’t really up to photographs as they lack a bit of contrast (I also have a Canon PIXMA photo printer and the quality difference is night and day).

Wireless setup is fairly straightforward despite the confusing instructions and once the initial setup is done it’s very easy to install & configure the software on additional machines.

Colour and B&W print quality is perfectly good as long as you don’t want to do photos.

So far, recommended, though yet to see how it works out cost-wise.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Cheers for the thoughts.

stew1982
    Free Member

Canon MG5250 is top drawer, and cheap to run (well…..for a decent printer)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which multi function printer?’ is closed to new replies.