Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which mudguards for cannondale caad x?
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

I thought I was going to be able to just put the sks race blades from my road bike on but that doesn’t seem to be an option due to the disc calipers. I’m also a bit confused by the downward facing hole in the rear stay brace.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

toofarwest

Chromoplastics on mine.

househusband

Chromoplastics too but took them off after a trip through a particularly muddy field last year and I ground to a halt… stick with an Ass-Saver now. Would put the Chromoplastics back on if I was using it purely on-road.

45km On mine (on and off-road) today – love my CAADX!

boblo
    Free Member

I use mine mainly on the road and the answer was is; chromoplastics. If I do anything other than just a bit of offroading, off they come.

outlash
    Free Member

SKS longboards on mine when it’s on the road, ass saver when it’s on the bridleways. Au naturel when being raced.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Were all of the above easy to fit our did they take any kind of diy fix to work around the calipers?

cynic-al
    Free Member

A bit of bending and a lo g bolt from the seatsay bridge for me

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Lo G bolt?

boblo
    Free Member

In English; a long bolt. You might need a sleeve spacer as there’s a lot of clearance and it looks a bit gappy if you just bolt the rear guard under the rear bridge.

househusband

Bought some nylon spacers on eBay to widen at calipers.

boblo
    Free Member

Just remembered, the nice girls and boys at Kinesis make this to sort the rear mudguard mounting. The front stay just needs a gentle bend to get round the caliper.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Went for some sks longboards in the end and bought the part that boblo suggested. Hopefully they’ll arrive today and I can get to work firing them tonight.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which mudguards for cannondale caad x?’ is closed to new replies.