Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which Montane jacket for cold and wet riding?
  • hora
    Free Member

That keeps the core dry- light but not expensive if possible??

dknwhy

I have the montane singletrack and wear a base layer underneath. Although “showerproof” rather than waterproof, it beads well and dries very quickly.
    I find anything thicker and I just overheat.
    Failing that, get something with a decent hood. I’ve got a Berghaus Temperance II that I generally use for walking but used on an mtb trip to scotland. The hood on it is excellent over my lid. 3 layer gore tex and kept me dry despite very heavy rain and a blizzard. Does have good venting and does breathe well but I still end up sweaty – probably just me though. Sport Pursuit have some decent Berghaus stuff on offer at the mo.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Merlin are doing the Montane Dyno for £50.

soobalias
    Free Member

good spot gulpton, i picked up a dyno years back and its by far the best jacket i own.

hora
    Free Member

Ok- hope the Dyno isn’t too warm etc! Ordered. Ta 🙂

dawson

@hora – has your camo coat given up the ghost?

hora
    Free Member

@hora – has your camo coat given up the ghost?

Still got it. Its a wee bit too big and I feel abit chavvy in it…

Although when the weather is truly hideous- its still my go-to jacket.

coatesy
    Free Member

I recently bought one of their Velocity jackets, haven’t been able to test it’s waterproofing yet, as everytime I put it on, the rain stops. It’ll have been a brilliant purchase if it continues like that 😀

AndyPaice
    Free Member

if the dyno is anything like as good as the sabertooth jacket then it’s well worth buying. Sabertooth is the best softshell I’ve had for all round outdoor use.

jsync

The dyno is good but it isn’t necessarily warm. I find it to be great on the bike because it is so breathable, but this means less windproof.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which Montane jacket for cold and wet riding?’ is closed to new replies.