Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Which model Endura shorts? I have Humvees, need something a little shorter
  • paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

I bought a pair of humvees last week and went for a ride over the weekend.
    I usually wear XC shorts but have decided that on local trails something a bit more casual would be better…..

Anyway the humvees are great just a little too long. does anyone know which model Endura short is more XC orientated(shorter)as I will keep the clickfast liner or indeed is anyone in the reverse of this situation and wants to swap?

advice as always appreciated!!

dazh

The singletrack ones are lighter and more XC orientated. I’ve had both, and prefer the humvee ones though as they last longer. The singletrack shorts are rather flimsy and rip along the seams after a few months.

paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

Cheers Daz,

Are the singletrack ones compatible with the clickfast liner??

cheers

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Yes, compatible.

I’ve got both and neither have ripped after a lot of use. The Humvee’s are made of thicker stronger material, but a are heavier as a result.

beeds
    Free Member

Aye clickfast with both, just back fae Corstorphine hill with my singletrack which are years old(they have some sort of coating that makes them almost waterproof), good bit shorter than the Humvee
    cheers

fathomer

I’ve got both and not a massive fan of either to be honest.

However, as have been said, singletracks are compatible and are shorter.

thorpie
    Free Member

Singletracks last me for years, must be lucky I guess!

angeldust
    Free Member

Hummvee ‘lites’ have a shorter leg than typical (for mtb baggy shorts), and a good couple of inches shorter than standard Hummvees. Very thin material, great for the height of summer.

richmtb

The Humvee’s are made of thicker stronger material, but a are heavier as a result.

Disagree. Humvees are definitely not stronger than Singletracks, they are a much cheaper short. Humvees are £40 with the liner Singletracks are £50 without the liner and are made of much stronger material.

They had some issues with split seams a while ago (esp at the crotch) but the newer Singletracks are very good

iainc

yep, couple of pairs of the singletracks here and they are shorter, and better in every way, than the Humvees they replaced.

I do have some 3/4 Humvees that I like in March/April and Sept/October

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Disagree. Humvees are definitely not stronger than Singletracks, they are a much cheaper short. Humvees are £40 with the liner Singletracks are £50 without the liner and are made of much stronger material.

The new Humvee’s are pants, and are flimsy. My old ones are thick strong and unkillable, with a sort of cordura heavy material on the seat and crotch. Tgey are much harder wearing than my singletracks. I looked at a new pair of Hum’s in my LBS the other day and had to check the lable, as they were so different to my ones.

captcaveman
    Free Member

I got the Endura spray, not a fabric but not plasticky either. Used them at the beacons beast and water just beads off them , and really comfy. Not too baggy either. I preferred the feel of the material to the singletrack or humvee, plus my LBS had them in stock

zerocool

+1 for singletracks, good for XC but tough enough to take a beating if you come if on a DH track at speed

trailhound
    Free Member

Agree with the Cavemen – love my spray baggys and wear them most of the year round. Have a pair of humvees that are around 8 years old and still going strong but they are definitely on the loose side of things.

mattsccm
    Free Member

When I bought my Single tracks about 6 years ago they were shorter and a heavier material than the Humvees. 2 reason to buy them. Maybe things have changed. Only this summer my opinions were confirmed and I stayed with the old St’s

tanglewood
    Free Member

Singletrack II, with bibshort.
    Job done!

bawbag
    Free Member

My experience is that Endura make the least durable shorts. I got 6 months use from Singletracks and about 8 from Humvees. I actually got a full refund from wiggle for the singletracks.

Royal, Oakley and so far Scott (for £12!) have made shorts which I have found to last much longer.

iainc

and for contrast, my Humveee 3/4 are going strong after 4 yrs and my 2 pairs of Singletracks are over 2 yrs old, used weekly.

The thing with Endura is it seems to be a bit hit and miss sometimes on quality. Most of my kit is Endura, I ride at least twice a week, and in 15 yrs I have had 2 or 3 items fail, always replaced under warranty with no question.

They get my vote.

tomaso
    Free Member

The new Zyme looks shorter and has a belt.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Humvees which must be getting on for 6 – 7 years old+.
    The zip went (crash), so it got replaced and the little pocket zip in the right leg got snagged in a crash. They have been sewn up where they got caught on a gate once too.
    All the defects have been caused by accidents, which I cant blame on the shorts really.
    I’ve got a pair of newer ones which are a year old and have had no issues with them either.
    I really don’t know what some people to to shorts to kill them in 6 months. I’d expect them to wear through on the arse eventually at some point through wear and tear, but seem good for me.

Nobby

I’ve always liked the MT500 although they seem to have stopped making the normal ones & only now do the ‘spray’ version. I’ve a few pairs of the older ones which have seen me right for 6 or 7 years but I have been looking to replace a pair or two lately – their MTR shorts seem to fit the bill & even have a grippy inner waistband so they sit well with bibs under.

Will have to wait & see what the birthday fairy brings before I can give a proper opinion though…

IA

their MTR shorts seem to fit the bill & even have a grippy inner waistband so they sit well with bibs under.

The MTR bibs that match up are awesome. The pad in them is like angels wings caressing your scranus.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Just to add, I bought my Singletracks in 07 and have used them for work, swimming, surfing (in warmer seas), general living and lots of riding and they still look fresh and new sothough they have stopped being waterproof now.
    I even think they come with a proper waist button now rather than a stupid popper. And the rear pockets are massive

Tom Kp

Nobby

The MTR bibs that match up are awesome. The pad in them is like angels wings caressing your scranus.

Ooh, really? I was gonna stick with my Pearl Izumis.

*adds to list*

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Which model Endura shorts? I have Humvees, need something a little shorter’ is closed to new replies.