Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which mobile phone to get? (short list inside)
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Afternoon, I need to get a new mobile as mine is borked, currently using a HTC HD mini as I like the size & features, it has to be available through O2 business & the options I have are as follows

Blackberry storm 2
    HTC desire
    Samsung Galaxy S
    I-phone

Now I'm not really into Iphones, but if the battery life has improved so you can now not charge it for a day or two, rather than every 6 hours, I would consider it.
    So what should I get from the list above, or what other options do I have if I wanted to avoid fiddly keys found on blackberry's?

Thanks in advance.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Just got HTC Desire (it's great) see my previous thread here:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/suggest-alternatives-to-i-phones

slowly getting used to it, but it's fab. Can't comment on the others though.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Don't get a Blackberry. Poor keyboard and layout, rubbish browsing, poor camera, etc

If you want Blackberry-like with actual keys get a Nokia E72. Loved mine until work forced me to move to the Blackberry 9700 which I hate

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My wife is in a similar dilemma.

I like my Desire but not sure if it's right for her. She's quite keen on an i-phone 4 – that would hurt me if she got one!

simon_g

Battery life on all smartphones is pretty poor if they're used heavily.

Big, bright colour touchscreen + fast processor + 3G + wifi = big drain.

All four that you list have very similar battery capacities and claimed battery life.

Cougar

There are many roundups on this – google for "galaxy s vs desire" or similar and you'll get pro's and con's reviews.

Personally, I think the Blackberry is a fantastic corporate handset and pointless as a consumer device.

iPhone vs Android is "do I want it to just work at the expense of being told what I can and can't have, or do I want more freedom to bugger about with it at the expense of having to occasionally?"

Between the two Android phones, it's a tough call. Given that I've got the original Galaxy and Samsung's old "flagship phone" is still stuck on Android 1.6, I'd be wary of buying another Samsung handset personally. Nice kit tho.

retro83
    Free Member

I recommend the galaxy s over the desire. The screen and built in ui are much much better (have both). The desire feels like a chore to use in comparison.

KonaTC

Go for a HTC Desire, because they are awesome

bruneep
    TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I'm thinking of getting an HTC Wildfire instead of a Desire. Both free on £25/m contracts, but get 16 months free with the Wildfire and £50 cashback via Topcashback. Works out at £6.25 a month for 24 months, rather than £15+ for the Desire.

The screen isn't so good, and the processor isn't as fast, but I doubt I'll notice.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, went with the desire in the end as I do like the idea of a replaceable/spare battery, that and the galaxy hasn't really been out long enough to see if its reliable.
    Thanks again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which mobile phone to get? (short list inside)’ is closed to new replies.