• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by devs.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which Maxxis high Rollers
  • rapidman123
    Free Member

Hi there, I know some of you on here really rate Maxxis high rollers for cross country/ trail centre use and am just wondering which ones they are? I’m looking for some 2.1s but it looks like there are different compunds etc available….

Any advice please

MrNutt
    Free Member

Tubeless LUST 2.3’s they come up small and are both light and quick. I use em everywhere.

Spud

Maxxis 2.1 are quite narrow IME. I run 2.35 60a and they’re great, much better than the NNs I ran before.

Jamie
    Free Member
    GW
    Free Member

I wouldn’t rate highrollers that highly at all for trail centre use.

MrNutt
    Free Member

why not GW? would you suggest the LUST Ignitors? you wouldn’t be wrong, they are spot on, personally though, I prefer the HR’s I like the controllable slide then grip thing.

steve_b77
    Free Member

High Rollers seem more predictable to me on all surfaces, Ignitors are faster but HR’s are better all round IMHO

DezB
    Free Member

These? MrNutt?
    They seem v light for a dh tyre. although the size quoted is a 2.1 (which you can’t get in a DH LUST, so is a bit confoosin)

GW
    Free Member

highrollers shine in softer natural trail conditions rather than smooth manmade hardpack. I prefer something that rolls faster for that sort of thing.

bristolsurfer
    Free Member

Crossmarks for trail centres I reckon. Sizing is a bit weird tho – the 2.25s are mahooosive compared to 2.35 High Rollers.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I have some 2.1 crossmarks (LUST) version for sale at £35 posted if you are interested. barely used

giantjason
    Free Member

my normal combination is a High Roller 2.35 superTacky on the front and a 2.1 Ignitor on the rear. Super quick and great front end grip.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

where is cheapest for UST high roller (2.1) and Lust high roller 2.35

radoggair
    Free Member

Erm…… try halfrauds, sometimes there HR are good value, 15 quid a pop

GW
    Free Member

giantjason – Member
    my normal combination is a High Roller 2.35 superTacky on the front and a 2.1 Ignitor on the rear. Super quick and great front end grip.

do you power wheelie everywhere?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I genuinely don’t understand why buying LUST High Rollers seems so hard, I think it may have something to do with the plastic cards that they are attached to?

I bought mine from http://www.noahsark.co.uk it was simple, I phoned them up and said “have you got any tubeless High Rollers, I’m having a nightmare trying to find any?” the answer was “yep, no problem” popped in got a really good deal and they even trued my wobbly rear wheel gratis! tip top service!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’m the same as jason, super tacky HR up front with an Ignitor at the back.

giantjason
    Free Member

i have used the supertacky and maxxpro versions on the front and notice very little difference due to drag. i think it depends alot on the pressures you are running.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I could do the same, I’ve got a set of part worn LUST ignitors languishing in my spare room.
    personally I don’t think the ignitors were faster, certainly weren’t down cwmcarn (where I rode one day with Ignitors then another day with HRs)

devs
    Free Member

On my Nomad I am running 2.35 60a LUST HR on EX823s. This is the bike that does stuff like Golspie and Laggan and big natural rides like Carn Ban Mor. Because they are tubeless and I can’t be arsed faffing with sealant all the time (I don’t need it but like the confidence it gives regards thorn punctures etc) when swapping tyres, I have found them to be the best all rounder. Whilst I was waiting for the last one to arrive I had a non LUST 2.5 HR on the front. You know about this on the climbs but it grips well!
    On my HT I’ve just taken my winter Swampthings off and replaced them with 60a single ply HR ghetto’d on Tesco 20″ inners. They got their 1st 15 miles tonight and I like them. I ran them a bit hard (always do on the 1st run after ghetto) so had a bit less grip on rooty sections but they were much faster.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which Maxxis high Rollers’ is closed to new replies.