Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • which manitou daming system – absolute or TPC?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

planning on buying some minutes from jensonUSA, just wondering which ones people recommend?

the absolutes cost a bit more than the TPC – but i can never remember which one people recommend getting…

(and no, i'm not considering other forks, i like my minute 29ers, i like the look of the minutes etc etc etc – no manipoo comments please…)

thanks 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

no?

🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

TPC will be more reliable, probably important if your not going to have any warrenty on them.

TPC+ seperates out the high speed/end of stroke compression thus improving bottom out resistance.

Legs
    Free Member

The more expensive ones, obviously 😉

gamo
    Free Member

Tpc was great on Shermans i used to have, dont know about absolute but didnt like spv.

neilforrow

Tpc every time, the abso's are good but can develop issues over time.

mieszko
    Free Member

TPC is very very good. Had TPC lockout on my Black Platinum and was very happy with the adjustments, couple of friends had some Skarebs and R7 with TPC Lo as well, forks just kept on working. Mate had a X-vert with TPC+ but no lockout and it felt very nice as well. Never tried Absolute damping but I'm not a big fan of the platform damping, just like to decide when I want to have the fork locked out.

TPC is also one of the older damping systems so tried and tested, rebound and compression with decent range of adjustments, some tips on the internet on how to tune it. Unfortunately no safe valve (like in motion control there is adjustable threshold) so can break it if you forget to switch the lockout off before hitting some big bumps (guy from the club got some new forks with TPC Lo and forgot to turn the lockout off and went down some stairs, once he got to the meeting spot his lockout was borked and pissing oil from the top adjuster, but it was his fault :-))

chunkypaul
    Free Member

TPC all the way for me, I did try an absolute 29er fork but hated the spiky feeling the platform damping provided

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

TPC it is then… cheers!
    (t'is also lighter… 😉 )

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

TPC is excellent. Its very fluid and active, and even in the heights of summer speeds, I'd be surprised if you could overwhelm it. IME it stays superbly composed irrespective of whats going on. The flip side is it can be a bit divey.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘which manitou daming system – absolute or TPC?’ is closed to new replies.