• This topic has 25 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Dobbo.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Which magazine sub would you go for?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Free choice of

? Cosmopolitan
    ? Country Living
    ? ELLE
    ? ELLE Decoration
    ? Esquire
    ? Good Housekeeping
    ? Harper’s Bazaar
    ? House Beautiful
    ? Men’s Health
    ? Prima
    ? Red
    ? Runner’s World
    ? Women’s Health

A “man” magazine out of the above list would probably be best. Cant say I’ve ever read any of them previously though.

scruff9252

Runners world? What do you fancy?

Harry_the_Spider

For general reading or err… quality time alone?

jota180
    Free Member

I occasionally flick through Cosmo if my daughter leaves it lying around, blimey!

I’d go for that 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Men’s Health?
    Always makes me think of this;

To be honest, though, I can’t see anything there I’d want to read. Pretty poor list to choose from!

bearnecessities

I’m all about ‘House Beautiful’ a long as it contains an article about removing old ceilings: “Claw hammer from below or spade punching from above?”

Agree about Men’s Health though; the principle of a mag for chaps that want to do the right thing and read some bollox in relation to this is fine, but “BIGGER ARMS NOW WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS” is just a bit weird.

wrightyson
    Free Member

i also thought the list was a bit meh! Whats esquire like?

kimbers

none of the above and save some paper

garage-dweller

Like Monty Brewster I say vote

None of the Above.

TheBrick
    Free Member

What is Harper’s Bazaar? I’ve got a picture of some sort of mixture of a Turkish markets and ferris bueller day out.

Cougar

Out of that lot I’d go for Cosmo. It’s Playboy for women.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Good Housekeeping, for the recipes.

lunge

Cosmo or Esquire from that list I think.

number18
    Free Member

I bought Runners’ World for the first time this week and thought it was quite good, not sure I’d buy every issue though.

user-removed
    Free Member

They all look pretty awful. Pass the sub on to someone who’ll appreciate it.

smartboy
    Free Member

Those aren’t the options for the ‘Club Lloyds’ addition on your current account by any chance?

Just got this on my a/c (mainly to benefit from better interest rate on my mortgage) and was going to ask about what publications were available. None of those float my boat.

bensales
    Free Member

I think I’d go for Esquire. The fitness related ones are all the same content after a couple of months. At least Esquire has some actual content to read.

chewkw
    Free Member

House Beautiful

njee20
    Free Member

Probaby Esquire.

cranberry
    Free Member

Splash out on a subscription to Cosmopolitan.

leffeboy

Runner’s World looks like an easy choice but you know the articles will come round again in 6 months. Good Housekeeping ftw

righog
    Free Member

New Scientist…oooops not on the list ( I am just debating whether or not to subscribe)

Mens health has been useful to me in the past.

I picked up a copy and read the line ” so did a cheeky 10K” this one line got me doing 10k’s for a while ( I have stopped now) I was probably open to the idea but the mag gave me the little extra push I needed

and also I picked up an excercise which helps relief hip pain, which I was suffering from at the time.

tallie
    Free Member

Women’s health can be quite aesthetically pleasing, dependent on your tastes it could the best option for exactly the same reason (as CFH points out) that Men’s Health is a poor choice…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup it’s the “club lloyds” option from switching accounts. Looks like its esquire then..

mogrim

Runner’s World looks like an easy choice but you know the articles will come round again in 6 months.

12 months, surely?

Dobbo

Got to be Country Living

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Which magazine sub would you go for?’ is closed to new replies.