Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which Low Rise Bars, Ritchey vs Easton
  • Stevo210
    Free Member

After making the decision to lighten up the bike as much as is possible (or as much as I can afford/justify) having the difficulty on deciding on a set of carbon low rise bars.

Narrowed it down to a couple but one is narrower and not entirely assured as to what a massive difference it will make. Both bars are about the same cost, weight and roughly the same geometry.

They are replacing my Easton Monkey Bars EA70’s.

Any experiences on either?

Option 1
    Ritchie Superlogic 660mm

Option 2
    Easton ec70 XC 685mm

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

In that price zone have a look at Edge (Enve) Composite low riser aswell, I’ve got some, very light, very stong and nice shape. They come at 710mm, so plenty of length as your starting point.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Thanks for that. 710 is mahhooooosive aint it?

thejesmonddingo

I’ve got the Ritchies on my xc bike,light and very comfortable,but I’ve also had Easton ec70 risers before which were fine too.I bought the Ritchies from Merlin,they were about £30 cheaper than the Easton equivalents at the time.
    Ian

Stevo210
    Free Member

Nothing to seperate them then? Isnt the size difference noticeable?

thejesmonddingo

Didn’t make that much impression,but the Esatons were on a RM ETS-X which is a bit beefier anyway than the Whyte 905 that I bought the Ritchies for.
    Ian

Stevo210
    Free Member

mmmm interesting was the finish on the easton completely matt? I know the Ritchey is pretty glossy isnt it? That might be the only thing that separates them for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which Low Rise Bars, Ritchey vs Easton’ is closed to new replies.