Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which lightweight Winter (B1) walking boots?
  • franksinatra

Its finally time to replace my 15 year old Scarpa SL boots.

I’m after something lightweight, 3/4 season,B1 rated as will use crampons only very occasionally (but does need to work with them when I do). Ideally compatible with Yeti gaitors but this is not essential. Also on a budget, not really wanting to spend more than £150 if I can help it.

So far have been looking at these:

Mammut Cascade

Anything else I should be looking at?

Jerome
    Free Member

I have always stuck with scarpas as they fit my feet.
    Why change ?

piemonster

http://www.kahtoola.com/hiking_crampons.php

Ok, not boots. But I love mine and use them wearing Inov8 Mudclaws.

Not helpful, but that’s not my role in the world

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    The-Beard

I’m in a similar position – ideally I’d like some GTX boots and ideally they’d be yeti compatible – which soles are yeti compatible these days? Been a long time since I needed to buy boots! My old Scarpa Manta’s are still going but showing their age (1996/97 I think I got them!)

P20

I bought the Mammut Trail GTX. A bit more money, heavier being leather, but the fit is excellent. I’ve got scarpa ranger as my normal boots but got these for the crampons. I haven’t had a chance to use them with the crampons yet though 🙄

franksinatra

Any thoughts on these?

Scarpa Cristallo

Jerome
    Free Member

Goretex in boots make you sweat.
    Leather is where it is at.
    My original scarpa ( same as SL but earlier ) were replaced by zamberlan trail lites, but I think they will be too light for crampons.
    I have some mantas that only come out when I go to the alps.
    The zamberlans are slowing dying, and will prob replace with scarpa rangers having just seen them..

Kevevs
    Free Member

Got some new type scarpa sl’s recently from trek and field for 164 quid. Just asked if they’do a a discount. Really like ’em.

pennine
    Free Member

A scottish mountaineer recommended Lowa Mountain GTX boots for year round use (will also take crampons). I tried the black version last weekend and found them very comfortable. Unfortunately, a half size too small. Just a thought!

Lowa mountain boot

franksinatra

Bump for evening crowd

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which lightweight Winter (B1) walking boots?’ is closed to new replies.