Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which Lightweight sleeping mat?
  • franksinatra

I've got an old school, heavy weight thermarest but want to get a nice 'n light inflatable mat for exped camping.

Is it worth looking at anything other than the Alphit Airo? Semms a bargain at £35 and I am on a budget.

Tenuous
    Free Member

Cotswold had some Mountain Equipment ones at about half price recently, might be worth a look to see if they've still got any left.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Thermarest Neoair is about the lightest you'll get. Warmer than most, if not all of the other non foam filled mats as well.

My full length neoair is much lighter than my old ultralite 3/4 and packs down a lot smaller.

trail_rat
    Free Member

neoair is shit hot but expensive i love sleeping on mine , comfy and warm !

looking at the alpkit – for that price id give it a shot – but do not take it on a long trip without testing it …..

both our old style alpkit matts died 9 days into a 3 month trip ! no experiance with new ones !

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I bought a Pacific Outdoor Ether 6 … not quite as light as a neoair but less than half the price, very warm and dead comfy. It's only a few grammes heavier than my Wee Airic but it's full legth and 62 mm thick instead of 25mm.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I've been using a decathlon mat for a few years and have no complaints

Surfr
    Free Member

I'm still using what I think is a 3/4 ultralite thermarest. It's brown/green and packs to a stuff sack the size of… actually I can't think of any thing similar in size and shape. I'd say a cylinder 270mm long, 15mm diameter ish. It's kept me very comfortable bivying, camping on snow or in hot dry summers. Not looked into newer versions but I'm sure there are some. I'd definiltey buy Thermarest again though after using it professionally for 8 months solid in the Canadian Rockies and many many times since (up to 15 years later. It's still perfect)

josh1982
    Free Member

Back to that pacific outdoor equipment mat…..they are great……the ether elite is what you need to make the neo air buyers feel jealous, loads cheaper and just as warm and light. Oh and isn't like being on a crisp packet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which Lightweight sleeping mat?’ is closed to new replies.