Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which lightweight hydration pack? Kielder 100 and similar enduro nonsense.
  • hillsplease

Morning

My venerable and 9yr old Camelback Blowfish has finally given up. Please can you recommend a nice lighter wedight hydration pack for the longer enduro type events? I know I should be thinking bottles and bulging pockets, but that’s generally how I lose things and the bike has only one bottle boss.

Many thanks for your thoughts

Paul

BadlyWiredDog

Osprey Viper 4. Neat, light, comfy and takes a 3-litre reservoir. Also has a neat little phone pocket on the shoulder strap which handily holds two gels. [for long events you might want one of the larger versions though, but it depends what you’re carrying, at Kielder you can drop food in advance for feed stations, so you don’t need a lot of carrying capacity]

warton
    Free Member

I’ve got a camelbak that just holds the bladder is thats what you’re interested in? 3 litre bladder, only used a few times, bladder kept in freezer, so very clean, email me if interested!

djflexure

I try to keep weight off my back on long rides.

Use this for the sort of thing you describe. There are regular stops at Keilder – bottles are easy to refill. Carry one on the bike and another on the belt.

http://www.climbers-shop.com/256113/products/Osprey_Talon_4_Hip_Pack.aspx?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=PriceComp&utm_term=Froogle&utm_content=None&utm_campaign=PriceComp1

cp

very pleased with my inov8 pack.

hillsplease

Many thanks fellas – looks like a trip off down the shops then.

Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which lightweight hydration pack? Kielder 100 and similar enduro nonsense.’ is closed to new replies.