Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which light to use with solarstorm battery box?
  • spicer
    Free Member

Do these boxes only fit the solarstorm lights? (ones linked below/triple LED version)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solarstorm-5000Lm-2x-CREE-XM-L-U2-LED-Bicycle-Bike-HeadLight-Light-Flashlight-/251784039563

Or do they fit other lights? I have several of the black/silver “orignal magicshine” style which all seem to have very slightly different sized connectors, so the batteries dont work together!

Is there any light in particular anyone would reccomend?

Many thanks!
    (and yep, decent 18650’s are on their way 🙂 )

z1ppy

I reckon the SSX2 is a great light, nice and small unit for headlamp use. Though mounting it low enough seem difficult to do effectively with the std mounts (same for all these Chinese lights), lots of light with a decent amount of spill, maybe not up to the likes of the big brands but for the money a steal. Basically it’s difficult to see anything better bang for your buck. Other units work better in different ways, like the old favourite very wide beamed XP-G unti, but you don’t find them this cheap
    Will check my battery box (screw connector) & old xml light for you (std push connector)

z1ppy

Well my old xml (original) unit works with the battery box, took a little shove to get it in all the way, but it works. Have heard of differnet size connector but not come across any issues myself.

spicer
    Free Member

Fab, have ordered one (light and battery pack). See how they go!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which light to use with solarstorm battery box?’ is closed to new replies.