Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which light-ish 2 man tent?
  • castanea
    Free Member

Looking for a packable tent to use myself on cycling, walking, mountaineering missions. Am over 2m tall and loads of the tents seem to be soo small I cant lie properly. Want something that will be good all year round. Any recommendations for me?

Currently looking at;
    MSR Elixir 2
    Tarptent Scarp2

MSP

I had a scarp 1, great tent loads of room, as much as many 2 man tents. The 2 is no longer than the 1, so if your looking at 2 men tents for just using solo, I think the 1 would be enough.

shermer75
    Free Member

I feel your pain brother, I’m 192cm and I really struggle. I find anything less than 220cm long is a problem, I think it’s because you are so much longer when your sleeping bag lofts up. The best I’ve found so far is the Wild Country Duolite, but it’s a fairly hefty beast. Doable though!

Link

castanea
    Free Member

Yep 215 length is necessary for me, some tents can feel shorter if they taper to more of a point at the toes.

Looking more at the Scarp 1 and 2 and I don’t think I like them, they are very cocooned and offer little views/airflow options or porch area, however the design looks like it makes for a spacious sleeping area with the vertical lower sides. I prefer the shape of the space inside the MSR elixir overall.

The MSR Hoop looks good too.

honeybadgerx

Force ten Helium 200, light, strong, good value and very long inside, plus decent porch for kit/cooking.

flatfish
    Free Member

MLD Trailstar with custom floor/bugnet.
    Easily big enough and Mountain proof.

Mine gets used year round.

shermer75
    Free Member

What’s your budget btw?

castanea
    Free Member

~£200 budget

My shortlist now contains the Vaude Hogan ultralight argon and both the MSR Elixir 2 and the MSR Hubba Hubba HP. I can’t decide.

tomkerton
    Free Member

TNF Tadpole? Cracking tent.

peterfile
    Free Member

tarptent scarp is supposed to be excellent. I’d have bought one if it wasn’t for the shipping delay. They get really good reviews from uk based mountaineers.

I’ve got a Lightwave T2 Ultra for 4 season use (other than in abysmal winter weather, when I use a Quasar).

2.2kg, 4 season, roomy for 2 people. I’ve used it on loads of summit and wild camps on and around munros now. I’d definitely recommend it.

RRP is about £400, but I picked up for £200 on Sportpursuit. Worth keeping a look out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which light-ish 2 man tent?’ is closed to new replies.