Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which light 1 or 2 man tent?
  • geoffj

Probably a 2 man for me and my son, but a largish 1 man may also do.
    Recommendations please.

stevomcd
    Free Member

We've got a Terra Nova Quasar Superlight (ultralight, whatever!).

Best tent I've ever used by a long, long way. Light, goes up very fast, very stable in winds, very waterproof.

Totally chuffed with it. If you want lighter, look at the Voyager.

grantway
    Free Member

Mines a building with a roof and central heating 😉

Helios
    Free Member

Lightwave are pretty good – I've got a T2 Trek XT which has a massive great porch on it for the additional weight of a tin of beans and a mars bar… (which i think is worth it given there is space in there to fit 2 bikes)

but their smaller ones would seem to fit your needs – T1 or T2 or if you want super light and don't mind paying their Ultra range are even lighter…

TomHill
    Free Member

Any of the Terra Nova Laser series. Think the Photon is in the Guinness Book of records as being the lightest 2 man 2 skin tent in the world? I've only used the Laser and the Laser competition. Have used them in mountain marathons numerous times (so shared as a pair). Comfortable enough for one night for 2 x 6ft skinny blokes. Have experienced some seriously bad weather (enough to collapse, flood, rip, blow away tents near us) and survived with no leaks.

Both would be comfortable and relatively spacious for one for a few nights.

Excellent porch for sheltered cooking, fiddly to put up, but once you get the knack, it doesn't take long. Packs down nice and small, and can be packed with the inner already in the outer to stop it getting wet while erecting in bad weather.

kennyp
    Free Member

Hilleberg are great. Not cheap though.

paul78
    Free Member

MSR Carbon reflex 2 … light, pretty roomy and stood up to a kicking in a gale in Inverie so gets my vote.

druidh
    Free Member

Saunders Spacepacker. Mibbe not the lightest these days, but the flexibility of 4 doors/vestibules is great for two campers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which light 1 or 2 man tent?’ is closed to new replies.