Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Which laws would you question rather than blindly obey?
  • singletrackmind

Murphys Law , obvs.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

jonba – Member
    Speed limits. I’m only making good progress and an arbitrary limit sign can’t distinguish between different weather conditions and driving abilities.

LOLZ good one. Give us a real answer

poah
    Free Member

Quirrel – Member

Holocaust denial – I find that there is a law making it illegal to deny something happened fascinating

UK doesn’t have such a thing

chewkw
    Free Member

Survival law … 😆

binners

At some point they’re going to have to re-evaluate the laws governing what you can and can’t shove into your body, as they’re completely nonsensical, everyone ignores them anyway, and in most places you can procure class A drugs like you can order a pizza delivery.

A complete waste of police resources, ultimately damaging to society in its refusal to engage with the actual problems caused by drug supply in the hands of criminals, and simultaneously infantilises and criminalises everyone involved. Bonkers!

Xylene
    Free Member

UK doesn’t have such a thing

Who mentioned the UK?

I still find it bizarre that it can be a crime to deny it happened.

poah
    Free Member

Who mentioned the UK?

kinda pointless following laws that don’t apply to the UK lol

agree that it is interfering with free speech but they are specifically designed to stop people preaching it publically rather than people just having an opinion. more anti hate speech crime rather than just voicing an opinion similar to what we have in the UK.

slowoldman

Stupidest law in the UK? First past the post, time for PR

That was kicked out, remember? We’re not very good at referendums.

CountZero

For me, the BBC tax, aka TV License. Disregarding the fact it’s a law to have one to watch live tv, “just because it is”, I genuinely don’t agree with the power this puts in the hands of the law to demand one for watching other channels. It’s just plain bizarre. I won’t financially support the BBC for many reasons and believe it’s existence has gone on for far too long.

Usual mistake about the TV licence, just like the ‘Road Tax’; you have to have a licence to own a TV receiver, that income is used to fund the BBC. And just what is it you despise about public broadcasting, rather than commercial, where the interests of the advertisers can influence programme content? What a peculiar attitude.

FWIW i despise the bbc’s tory bias and would happily veto them altogether if it wasnt for 6 music.

Funny that, it more often than not appears that the Beeb has a noticeable left-wing bias, so either one of us is wrong or they are largely neutral; which is it?

slackalice
    Free Member

The ‘In’, or ‘out’ obvz

mattsccm
    Free Member

Anything that takes away my option to hurt myself. Seat belts and motorcycle helmets come to mind.
    Also those that restrict most of us reinforcement and punishment means that other break laws. Carrying knives springs to mind. Just because a few jerks use them in an antisocial manner doesn’t mean that rest of us do.
    Laws that restrict my freedom of thought, speech and action so that others can have one. For example punishing me if I should comment on race, politics, gender etc. Either we all have freedom of the above or none of us.

slowoldman

Funny that, it more often than not appears that the Beeb has a noticeable left-wing bias, so either one of us is wrong or they are largely neutral; which is it?

The Beeb has always been accused of bias, but generally by the party in power. At the moment it seems to be the left wing calling foul.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Laws that restrict my freedom of thought, speech and action so that others can have one. For example punishing me if I should comment on race, politics, gender etc.

Lol. You can actually think what you like, I’m doing it right now.

I’m assuming the rest of your point is something to do with hate crime?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Which laws would you question rather than blindly obey?’ is closed to new replies.