Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which large over ear headphones for passive noise reduction
  • geoffj

for my fat head?

I have some noise reducing sennheisers which are too small and look ridiculous on me.
    I want some large cans that will cover my ears and block out most ambient noise.

Sennheiser HD202s look good, but any others to consider? My ears are african elephant-esque too, so they will need to be a decent size.

TIA

gingajim
    Free Member

You are more than welcome to try my Boompods, damn good earphones. Ican bring em in to PH!

James

geoffj

gingajam – thanks for the offer, but I suspect that I’m at the other end of the country to you (Perthshire).

bump for the daytime crowd?

tragically1969
    Free Member

The 202’s are on ear though ?

I have some over the ear Senheisser HD439’s, they are good but don’t really cut much noise, also they really need a headphone amp for use with iPhone etc.

deejayen
    Free Member

Something like the Beyer Dynamic DT-100 is used in many recording studios, and I’m aware that some recording engineers have large ears and heads… The DT-100 isn’t the most elegant looking headphone, but they have good sound isolation. I think they’re available in different impedances. There are probably some more up-market Beyers which might sound a little better, and I think the likes of Sony and AKG also make headphones for similar markets. The idea is that a singer, for example, can wear them to listen to a backing track whilst recording, and not have the microphone pick up the sounds coming through the headphones.

gingajim
    Free Member

Ha!
    You’e got a similar user name to one of our customers!! Sorry for the confusion
    James

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I have the Audio-Technica M40 headphones. Very comfortable, and very well balanced sound without any stupid bass boost crap and the headband expands over a wide range so they should fit just about everyone.

PhilO
    Free Member

I’ve used HD201s for blocking out noise ever since my employer decided what we really need to work effectively is more distractions… 👿

I find them very effective in the Hell that is an open plan office. My ears are fairly average size, though.

Hobster
    Free Member

AKG 550 from Richer sounds. Block out the outside world well and sound is decent.

HansRey

i’ve just ordered some Logitech UE 9000 headphones. They felt very comfortable and sounded good. Bluetooth, too.

Problem is that they’re discontinued. There’s loads of new ones about in Switzerland and some in the US. If you can avoid the taxes, you’ll get a good deal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which large over ear headphones for passive noise reduction’ is closed to new replies.