Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which laptop for web development?
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

My old Vaio is having a hard time running Visual Web Developer/ASP.Net, its really too slow to work with. Its a 6 year old 512mb RAM, 1.5 ghz pentium thing so not up to today's stds.
    I intend to develop business (shopping) applications and hope to turn this into a career move. So what laptop would you recommend ? I only want something that will do a good job and not have silly extras (web cam, blueray players etc).

woody2000

Wouldn't you be better off with a decent desktop/workstation if you want to develop? I could imagine it'd soon be a pain having to do serious development work on a laptop.

clunker

whats your budget?

plop_pants
    Free Member

@woody2000, Only thought there is that I might need to have a laptop to take to client demos etc. So I thought perhaps a laptop with a separate large screen kept at home would be a good compromise.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Up to £1000.

woody2000

Demos don't need the IDE though, do they? You could run IIS or Apache on the lappy for demos & develop on a proper machine 🙂

plop_pants
    Free Member

Could be right woody. Does seem a bit of a waste of my current laptop when it will be perfectly ok running demos via iis. What proper machine setup would you recommend?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which laptop for web development?’ is closed to new replies.